• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I'm loving this thread. Learning a lot of good info. Never had much of a desire for an AK, but I'm getting more of one. I need something other than my SKS to shoot 7.62x39.
    I’ve rang steel plates out to 300 yards with cheap Ruskii ammo with my KS-47. I bought it when I was given several thousand rounds of 7.62*39 a few years ago.

I love this gun…

ARJ Defense ad

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I'm loving this thread. Learning a lot of good info. Never had much of a desire for an AK, but I'm getting more of one. I need something other than my SKS to shoot 7.62x39.
    Exactly why I bought one. I have at least 1K rounds of it, and wanted something more fun than the SKS.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I’ve rang steel plates out to 300 yards with cheap Ruskii ammo with my KS-47. I bought it when I was given several thousand rounds of 7.62*39 a few years ago.

I love this gun…

Exactly why I bought one. I have at least 1K rounds of it, and wanted something more fun than the SKS.
    Y'all aren't helping my firearm addiction one bit. :p

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Im assuming you have sent over 1k rounds down the barrel right? Any issues at all? Ive always wanted one of those but wasnt sure if it was going to be a POS
    I’m under 1K, maybe 700ish.

No functioning issues at this point other than I’ve had to “fit” a couple PMAGS to it. Pretty simple process actually. Well worth it to me.

I’ve been thinking of buying some quality brass ammo to see what it will do, but not a big priority for me since the steel stuff is performing fine at this point.

I sighted it in at 35 yards. I have a 1-4 Vortex Viper on it. It shoots fine. A bit heavier than an AR15, lighter than an AR10. It is a keeper for me.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Im assuming you have sent over 1k rounds down the barrel right? Any issues at all? Ive always wanted one of those but wasnt sure if it was going to be a POS
    I’m under 1K, maybe 700ish.

There are several good reviews on YouTube on the gun. I like the one from
    PewPew Tactical and IV8888

I strongly recommend a 1-4/6 scope over a RD sight as the gun can reach out.

I may end up with a second one just because I’d like another 7.62*39 gun and really prefer the US made AR platform. If I do, it will be the 10.5” pistol version

Last edited:
    Reactions: MTA

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Under, like I said, but mainly for two reasons…

1. Most of my shooting over the last year or so has been pistols because when I do get a chance to shoot, I’m usually with an older friend and he prefers pistols these days, so I just don’t bring rifles and…

2. Kinda trying to save from burning up my 7.62*39 stash, waiting for sub $0.30 rounds (which may or may not happen).

Another reason to look at brass ammo options and reloading down the road…

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Under, like I said, but mainly for two reasons…

Another reason to look at brass ammo options and reloading down the road…
    I bought 600 rounds for this reason.

I need to find x39 bullets. Haven’t seen any lately. I have the other components.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom