• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    @MTA89 , I bought a 7.62x39 AR upper. Had trouble first time I shot it, which was at EZ’s. Turns out the sucker was dry as a bone. I oiled it up and took it shooting again and it didn’t spit the bit once. Cycled a couple hundred rounds flawlessly.

i paid around $250 for the upper and BCG from Bear Creek Arsenal. Had to buy some Stoner AR mags, but it shoots great. They are picky about mags. Buy the Stoner mags.
    I picked up a bear creek side charger in 7.62x39 just to have one, put on a chineesium acog and I'll be damned if it isn't one of my best grouping AR 's. I've had great luck with the c products mags. For your finicky mags, try taking a dremel and removing some material in front of the bullet.
    20160515_125133.jpg
    DK Firearms

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I picked up a bear creek side charger in 7.62x39 just to have one, put on a chineesium acog and I'll be damned if it isn't one of my best grouping AR 's. I've had great luck with the c products mags. For your finicky mags, try taking a dremel and removing some material in front of the bullet.
    View attachment 298962
    I inspected a bear creek 450bm and what matters checked out.

If some guns I got listed sold I’m actually going to get a 450bm side charger and install a good brake and binary trigger.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My two cents on that: cmmg mutant or an ak. Don’t settle for an ar15 7.62x39. It’s a shit show. If you can get a psa gen2 and up for 600 do it. I haven’t looked at one in person but it’s a safe bet from what I hear.
    I second this. The 7.62x39 ARs are fun to play around with, but the bolt and mags are the weak point in them. From my own experience, C-Product Duramags are GTG. There's not much you can do about the bolt. There's not a lot of material left on them after cutting them for 7.62x39, so they are prone to breaking. I figure I'll just convert mine to 300 BLK if/when the bolt gives out. I bought a ZPAP (Highly recommended BTW), so I don't shoot the AR that much anymore anyways.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    Get you one of them cross eyed aka canted sighted WASR 10s. I named my Nadia
    You mean the ones that were $300 three years ago and now are $1000?

The worst problem with an AR-47 is the magazines and the CPD (C-products) mags are by fay the best. I sold the AR-47 I built and no longer cross-breed. ARs for AR stuff and AK for AK stuff.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I bought AR Stoner mags for mine, and across the web they were the most highly suggested.

only problem I had was the first outing. Would shoot brass cased ammo but not steel case ammo.

Turns out it was dry as a bone. Really thought I lubed it well. Also, the maker sent me an upgraded firing pin.

second trip out I lubed it up really well and installed the upgraded firing pin. It shot great. Really happy with it now.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Waiting for @MTA89 to get his psa ak in so he can shoot it not like it then I’ll trade him something for it.

seriously if you end up not liking it I get first dibs.
    Im hoping I keep whatever I buy from here on out but you know how that goes. Ive been looking at the PTR32 too but its pretty expensive

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Im hoping I keep whatever I buy from here on out but you know how that goes. Ive been looking at the PTR32 too but its pretty expensive
    I have a ptr 32 and love it. A bit heavy, but that long slow recoil impulse is tits. It's also pretty accurate with steel case ammo. No problem ringing steel at 200yds over and over.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I have a ptr 32 and love it. A bit heavy, but that long slow recoil impulse is tits. It's also pretty accurate with steel case ammo. No problem ringing steel at 200yds over and over.
    So I have been interested in one too but I’m unsure of some things. By unsure I mean I don’t have enough experience working on them. The rollers: will they need service at some round count that would be far less than anything on another type rifle?

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    So I have been interested in one too but I’m unsure of some things. By unsure I mean I don’t have enough experience working on them. The rollers: will they need service at some round count that would be far less than anything on another type rifle?
    I don't know about the rnd count, but replacing the rollers isn't that hard. I think it uses the same parts as a g3. All the G3/91 furniture works.

Here's my East German larping set.
    20211028_191236.jpg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I don't know about the rnd count, but replacing the rollers isn't that hard. I think it uses the same parts as a g3. All the G3/91 furniture works.

Here's my East German larping set.
    View attachment 301165
    That’s awesome. If you’re ever near my neck of the woods I’d love to shoot it. Looks like it’s got a heavy barrel profile. How’s the mag well fit?

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    That’s awesome. If you’re ever near my neck of the woods I’d love to shoot it. Looks like it’s got a heavy barrel profile. How’s the mag well fit?
    I don't mind whoring my guns out. Having others shoot is part of the fun. I only have a bunch of pmags, but they lock up tight. I'd be more than happy to try any mag someone wants to send lol.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Ptr used to have an issue with the welded part of the recoil guide rod that connects to the face of the butt stock but pretty sure that’s been long fixed.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I'm loving this thread. Learning a lot of good info. Never had much of a desire for an AK, but I'm getting more of one. I need something other than my SKS to shoot 7.62x39.
    Ak’s are said to be simple but in reality making one, correctly, is a handcrafted art in today’s manufacturing standards .Anyone can make one with access to a lathe for custom spot welding tips. Key stock milled to distance for guides when spot welding rails. A press and jig and a wood stove and oven. However like I said, it’s an art at that point.

Anything I post is for educational purposes only. :what:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom