Texas SOT

Premier San Antonio Gun Show (21-22 July 2012)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I'm really liking this suggestion, they are open on Saturday (at 4:30am! ), have good reviews on Urban Spoon and the lady I spoke with on the phone said seating for a small mob is no problem!

Twenty-seven people have given it a thumb's up!

Plus, it's really close to the show, less than two miles (they're at 4403 E Houston St).
    So I'm planting the flag and proclaiming this will be the official site of the TGT pre-gun show breakfast this month!

So who's in? Meet-up time is 8:00am.

Cheers! M2

I will get back to you tomorrow on that, had to make sure I wasn't working so I probably will make the show at least one of the days just not 100% on the breakfast yet.
    Target Sports

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    hey guys long time no see/talk.. I have been busy fishing alot! I'll be there around 1 or 2 I'm gonna be walking around with my sig sauer 1911 I never shot and dont see me shooting.. If any of you are looking for a high end shooter its a sig sauer elite platinum 1911 custom shop looking for 950$ and it comes with a really nice set of grips I tossed in for free.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I will get back to you tomorrow on that, had to make sure I wasn't working so I probably will make the show at least one of the days just not 100% on the breakfast yet.

Just wanted to give you a heads up that breakfast is definitely out for me, I should be able to still make it tomorrow but won't be until after noon.

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    I plan on making breakfast, I just need a definite 20. also, thanks to my neighbors cat, I'm not going to be walking right..

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'm really liking this suggestion, they are open on Saturday (at 4:30am! ), have good reviews on Urban Spoon and the lady I spoke with on the phone said seating for a small mob is no problem!

Twenty-seven people have given it a thumb's up!

Plus, it's really close to the show, less than two miles (they're at 4403 E Houston St).
    So I'm planting the flag and proclaiming this will be the official site of the TGT pre-gun show breakfast this month!

So who's in? Meet-up time is 8:00am.

Cheers! M2

One last reminder...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, it was a good show despite the low turnout for breakfast (stx kid and myself). Those who missed it really missed it, Teran's was excellent and definitely the place to go back to! It's less that two miles from the show venue and not only was the food outstanding, the portions were generous. Plus, the wait staff there was actually pleasant to talk to (unlike Lazarita's) and the coffee wasn't burnt and leftover from yesterday (again unlike Lazarita's!).

As for the show, there was an excellent turnout despite some concerns over the previous week's incident in Aurora. If anything, it seemed like the crowd was larger than usual, maybe because of idiots like Bloomberg calling for more restrictions on gun purchases (but I digress). I picked up a Czech Type Z gas mask (a 1960s/1970s Cold War era Czech military gas mask manufactured by the "Red October" unit of Gumárny Zubri, a subsidiary of the oldest rubber Optimit company in Odry, Czechoslovakia, is more technically known by its manufacturer's model number, the (OM) CM-3. The Czech CM-3 gas mask began production in 1961. [Source]) and a nice but cheap mount and red dot scope for my AKs. stx kid dropped more cash on something I will let him tell you about (don't want to steal his thunder). We saw TRN and KaliJaun while walking around, if there was anyone else there I either don't recognize you in person or missed ya altogether!

When I left which was close to 1:30pm, there was still a long line to get into the parking lot (which was also full). I talked with Tim and Michelle (the promoters) and they were happy with the turnout (the last show fell short of expectations). There were deals to be had, but it also paid to look around as I saw one vendor selling a Vz2008 for $650 and just down the aisle from him I saw another going for a mere $499! Ammo prices seem to continue to climb, might be a good time to stock up as I don't see this trend slowing down before November especially after what happened this week!

That's about it, I'm gonna pull one of my AKs out of lockup and see how this scope mount works on it. Remember the next show is in September, and it will be the combined one; but if anyone is considering going to the one this weekend than I'd highly encourage you to get over there as soon as possible as it seems to be a popular place to be!

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Hey M2, if I can make it to the next one, I may ask for a hand in finding and getting a good deal on a Romanian bayonet.

Sure thing, Romy bayonets are the cheapest and easiest AK bayonet to find; but if you want a nice one than it'll take some looking. Still, I know several vendors that might have what you're looking for!

Also don't forget we've got the SAXET show the first weekend of August, there's usually some there as well.

Cheers! M2

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Was gonna try and make it out today but my buddy bailed, gonna try to get out there tomorrow but will have to see what that brings.

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    Well, it was a good show despite the low turnout for breakfast (stx kid and myself). Those who missed it really missed it, Teran's was excellent and definitely the place to go back to! It's less that two miles from the show venue and not only was the food outstanding, the portions were generous. Plus, the wait staff there was actually pleasant to talk to (unlike Lazarita's) and the coffee wasn't burnt and leftover from yesterday (again unlike Lazarita's!).

As for the show, there was an excellent turnout despite some concerns over the previous week's incident in Aurora. If anything, it seemed like the crowd was larger than usual, maybe because of idiots like Bloomberg calling for more restrictions on gun purchases (but I digress). I picked up a Czech Type Z gas mask (a 1960s/1970s Cold War era Czech military gas mask manufactured by the "Red October" unit of Gumárny Zubri, a subsidiary of the oldest rubber Optimit company in Odry, Czechoslovakia, is more technically known by its manufacturer's model number, the (OM) CM-3. The Czech CM-3 gas mask began production in 1961. [Source]) and a nice but cheap mount and red dot scope for my AKs. stx kid dropped more cash on something I will let him tell you about (don't want to steal his thunder). We saw TRN and KaliJaun while walking around, if there was anyone else there I either don't recognize you in person or missed ya altogether!

When I left which was close to 1:30pm, there was still a long line to get into the parking lot (which was also full). I talked with Tim and Michelle (the promoters) and they were happy with the turnout (the last show fell short of expectations). There were deals to be had, but it also paid to look around as I saw one vendor selling a Vz2008 for $650 and just down the aisle from him I saw another going for a mere $499! Ammo prices seem to continue to climb, might be a good time to stock up as I don't see this trend slowing down before November especially after what happened this week!

That's about it, I'm gonna pull one of my AKs out of lockup and see how this scope mount works on it. Remember the next show is in September, and it will be the combined one; but if anyone is considering going to the one this weekend than I'd highly encourage you to get over there as soon as possible as it seems to be a popular place to be!

Cheers! M2

+10 to breakfast even though Major chickened out on the salsa ( as the waitress pointed out)

At the show I snagged a late Soviet era (1979 as I look at my notes) Bulgarian Makarov. This thing is IMMACULATE!!! as I'm field stripping it I notice it still has all it's factory goop and the feed ramp looks like its only had a few rounds through it. I payed a little more than I wanted to for it ( way less than I would of had to had M2 not known the dealer), but as I'm looking over it in greater detail I'll call this a win!!!

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    +10 to breakfast even though Major chickened out on the salsa ( as the waitress pointed out)

At the show I snagged a late Soviet era (1979 as I look at my notes) Bulgarian Makarov. This thing is IMMACULATE!!! as I'm field stripping it I notice it still has all it's factory goop and the feed ramp looks like its only had a few rounds through it. I payed a little more than I wanted to for it ( way less than I would of had to had M2 not known the dealer), but as I'm looking over it in greater detail I'll call this a win!!!

Sweet! I wish I could have made it. Nice having a gun that doesn't require parts?! :p

Top Bottom