Political: Cartoons, Memes, Funny Pictures, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    I've been on the rig floor of a floater. Have you? Even run tongs (chain as well as power). Have you?

Guess you haven't heard of heave compensation to account for the wave induced movement of the vessel/riser?

They did know there was more coming out than going in. Read the reports. They failed to react until it was too late. That does not excuse TO. TO is at fault for not training the crew. Nor does it relieve the companies responsible for BOP maintenance. But had the crew been properly trained, they would all be alive today.

I'm standing on a DA drillship right now and have been in this for 20yrs working for drilling contractors. I have time on the brake and in the cyber chair; admittedly in the resume you provided you don't. Lack of training had nothing to do with the psychological forces at work at that time, on that rig. Read more. All reports and even the court findings concluded the ROOT cause was the pressure put on the crews by BP (and reinforced by TOI). I understand you are an engineer and only see numbers.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    8b9e6270437dfe2cb0679712046c849e115451880a8736cc66cc10c9d1c3c9bb.png

Attachments

• 8b9e6270437dfe2cb0679712046c849e115451880a8736cc66cc10c9d1c3c9bb.png
      8b9e6270437dfe2cb0679712046c849e115451880a8736cc66cc10c9d1c3c9bb.png
      57.6 KB · Views: 542

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    Pretty slow for these parts.
    lol I just deleted that, didn't want to offend anyone too much. I was actually very interested by the little debate going on because I don't know any of that stuff so it was all news to me ya know?

I offer this meme as a token of my apologies

FB_IMG_1546017895091.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1546017895091.jpg
      FB_IMG_1546017895091.jpg
      50.9 KB · Views: 927

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    lol I just deleted that, didn't want to offend anyone too much. I was actually very interested by the little debate going on because I don't know any of that stuff so it was all news to me ya know?

I offer this meme as a token of my apologies

View attachment 210717
    You're fine.
    I'm a fan of wadded up panties myself.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I'm standing on a DA drillship right now and have been in this for 20yrs working for drilling contractors. I have time on the brake and in the cyber chair; admittedly in the resume you provided you don't. Lack of training had nothing to do with the psychological forces at work at that time, on that rig. Read more. All reports and even the court findings concluded the ROOT cause was the pressure put on the crews by BP (and reinforced by TOI). I understand you are an engineer and only see numbers.
    Then you certainly should know better, given the experience you say you have. I will admit, although, I am surprised about your prior statement on delta flow if you have the experience you claim.

Your last sentence is extremely ignorant. I found several types of people in the oil patch. Those who knew a huge amount and were happy to teach anyone who wanted to learn. {And I learned a great deal from some outstanding drilling sup's, etc. on the rigs} Then there were those who did not have a great deal of knowledge but wanted to learn (for there where things my engineering background provided that they did not possess). Then those who thought they knew everything and did not know what they did not know. I will leave that there.

I have read enough to know they did not recognize the kick until too late. Have you talked with anyone, face to face, who was on the investigation team? The failure to recognize the kick was not wilful on the part of the crew. They did not choose to say "She's kicking, but I think I will just hold off." As previously stated, I don't blame the crew. It was their company's fault they were not adequately trained.

Was BP emphasizing cost cutting too much? Sure. But that does not explain the crew not recognizing the kick. A lack of training does, though. And when people's lives are at stake, you don't stand around worrying about management.

The last word is yours.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I don't watch TV so I had not seen this. Wow.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    Not sure if it's on TV here. I heard about it on the radio or the web and searched for it. That ad needs to play for the next 6 months. Maybe do one with saying the COVID relief was moving too fast next to her talking about voting for Obamacare to find out what's in it.

Top Bottom