• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    First of all, **** the NFA, the GCA, and the ATF.
    Having said that, this HAS been done before by the ATF, and the ruling stands to this day.
    “Street sweeper” shotguns were legally sold as firearms for several years before being redefined as destructive devices.
    There was an amnesty period then as well to allow you to register tax free. If you did not register one you personally owned, you were required to destroy it.
    I don’t agree with or like any of it, but unless congress intervenes, we are probably screwed.

Edited to preemptively add- yes I know about the recent rulings regarding the EPA and overreach. That has not and will not deter the ATF until explicitly ordered to do otherwise.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Just my understanding and a question;
    Given that the form 1 is open and if you have a brace and want to legally own it you're supposed to register at least 1 of your AR's as an SBR. Should you register your AR as an SBR if you just sometimes want to own a braced rifle? Should you register ALL of your AR's (and other rifles) as an SBR should you get the notion one day to attach a brace or attach an upper shorter than 16"? So confusing and I hate the idea of registering anything, but I'm so confused as to what should be done.

I don't own a brace and don't really want to, but I might have wanted to use a 10" 300blk rifle but legally and a brace/SBR would be the easiest way, right?

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Hell no.

I bought pistol braces, legally, above board, paid sales taxes, did it by the book.

Pound sand, ATF.

You're just a bureaucratic agency. Not a legislative entity that can govern laws. Didn't the courts already rule this as so?

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    ATF

scum of the scum.

Take an oath to protect and defend the constitution of the united States, spend a career doing all you can to shred it and take Liberty.

Go to Hell.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Just my understanding and a question;
    Given that the form 1 is open and if you have a brace and want to legally own it you're supposed to register at least 1 of your AR's as an SBR. Should you register your AR as an SBR if you just sometimes want to own a braced rifle? Should you register ALL of your AR's (and other rifles) as an SBR should you get the notion one day to attach a brace or attach an upper shorter than 16"? So confusing and I hate the idea of registering anything, but I'm so confused as to what should be done.

I don't own a brace and don't really want to, but I might have wanted to use a 10" 300blk rifle but legally and a brace/SBR would be the easiest way, right?
    Yeah supposedly the $200 tax is being waived right now so if you were going to do an SBR anyways, make hay.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    My Son is going ahead and register his Remington 700 pistol in .308........

Glad I got my last one in a couple weeks ago...........when I threaded the HK USC .45 barrel, I cut it down............

TKG

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 11.51.14 PM.png

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Seems these atf mother ******* are itching for another Ruby Ridge.

They must think there are some women, children, and dogs that need killing.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Little Johnny was in his Kindergarten class when the teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living.

All the typical answers came up - fireman, policeman, salesman. Johnny was being uncharacteristically quiet, and so the teacher asked him about his father.

"My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes, if the offer's really good, he'll go out to the alley with some screaming homo and take it up the ***".

The teacher hurriedly set the other children to work on some colouring in and took little Johnny aside to ask him "Is that really true about your father?"

"No," said Johnny, "he really works for the atf, but I was too embarrassed to say".

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    So the ATF has ditched the whole form 4999 and just wrote a new rule. This may be harder to beat in court. Excerpt below.

The proposed rule used a form known as “Worksheet 4999” to determine if a firearm equipped with a pistol brace would be considered an SBR by using a point system. The ATF ditched the form in favor of a widespread declaration that almost every pistol equipped with a brace of any kind would be considered an SBR.

“Worksheet 4999 was intended to ensure uniform consideration and application of the statutory definition of those terms. Based on the comments received, the Department agrees that the proposed Worksheet 4999 and point system did not achieve these intended purposes,” the Final Rule reads.

Under the new rule, any firearm that is “designed or redesigned made or remade and intended to be fired from the shoulder” will be considered an SBR.​

This designation includes devices such as pistol stabilizing braces which the ATF assumes the shooter installed to be able to shoulder the gun. Also, if a firearm merely has the surface area that would allow it to be fired from the shoulder, the ATF might consider it an SBR if it has a weight or length consistent with a rifle.

This last paragraph ^^sounds like it makes all AR style pistols into SBRs whether it has a brace or not.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom