Capitol Armory ad

On death and dying.. please read.. one of ours is in peril..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Padre heard from Aces bride today.
    Not good guys.
    Dr. is recommending hospice.
    Back on my knees.
    ARJ Defense ad

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 1, 2011
    Padre heard from Aces bride today.
    Not good guys.
    Dr. is recommending hospice.
    Back on my knees.
    My heart just sank a little. I've enjoyed Acesn8's, Bob's sense of humor and knowledge here for some time now. We've PM'd a fair amount on various issues including trying to get together at one of the shoots. I finally met him this past June but it was rather brief.

Still prayin' for you Bob.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Feb 25, 2013
    Some things are more important than juvenile rant's (talking mine not others).. Got an email from Bob (wife) this morning.. what a great guy.. he's in a "virtual hospice".. the address follows.. but i want to say something to all of you guys..

Bob was dealt (ouch.. that name of his ) a bad set of cards.. maybe the worst . yet at no time did i ever hear him complain.. i think he opened up a bit with me cause of the age difference and my having a bad out look at one time. (thank God mines a 100% better now.. and think that doesn't cause a bit of survival guilt) he NEVER, as in NEVER did anything but just except it with grace.. amazing..

Now here's the deal.. about you guys.. i know it had to do with wanting to hold his head up among other men he respected.. All you have to do is read the above comments or from that first prayer i posted to see why he valued all of you as friends..

I'm talking about Bob likes he's gone.. apparently it's pretty bad, and he could be.. or he might just outlive us all.. (Lord.. if it's your will and all.. miracles happen).. Anyway i have an address www.caringbridge.org/visit/rdfford takes you right to his guest book so you can sign in up.. give money.. nope i didn't but maybe later we can all take up a collection for mrs Ford .. you know their out of tears, and nothing but thoughts matter now.

Bob said one thing that you can live a life by.. his Father had visited for a bit, and between the father, and his wife.. Bob said "if love was a cure i'd be well."..

8'sfilly

Aug 19, 2013
    Thanks for your prayers acesn8s is still in hospital. If we can go home he will be on hospice. He doesn't want to pass here.
    I am praying it is not his time yet and he gets strong enough to carry on a little longer.
    8's wife

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Thanks for your prayers acesn8s is still in hospital. If we can go home he will be on hospice. He doesn't want to pass here.
    I am praying it is not his time yet and he gets strong enough to carry on a little longer.
    8's wife

^^^ this^^^ Thanks Greg.........Bob you are a better man than I, go with God my friend.....

8'sfilly

Aug 19, 2013
    Thank You for all your prayers
    Bob is still in the hospital, we are hoping to go home on hospice care today or tomorrow, right now the Doc are saying days I am praying for weeks and months if he can improve enough to have some quality of life. He is still on his feet when he wants to be.
    Thanks again
    8's wife

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    8's wife, if there's anything we can do to help you, please let us know. I know first hand how these things can affect those around the person directly involved. So weather its monetary or you just need some ears, let us know and we're here for both of you.

Top Bottom