Target Sports

On death and dying.. please read.. one of ours is in peril..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    8's wife, if there's anything we can do to help you, please let us know. I know first hand how these things can affect those around the person directly involved. So weather its monetary or you just need some ears, let us know and we're here for both of you.

I will echo this.

If you've never heard or watched Jimmy Valvano's talk while recieving the 1993 ESPY award, it sustained me when I went through this with my Dad.

I rewatch it several key times a year ...

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Feb 25, 2013
    a quick update, (8's filly) Bob's brave wife advises that our friend is doing a lot of sleeping.. She "says" she doesn't need anything, but have a feeling that's putting on a brave face... i know a lot of you want to contribute, and along those lines Ms V has also said that Bob would enjoy some regular old fashioned mail.. either way this brave couple can be helped by sending snail mail or whatever you're guided to send to..

Robert Ford C/O
    Tow Baptist Church
    16529 Ranch Road 2241
    Tow, Texas

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Feb 25, 2013
    Another pass on from Bob''s wife.. I'm afraid she's looking at a progressively worse and worse situation.. it always amazes me how strong good people find that extra to make it through... she's doing just that..

i know the hospice link and their churches (Baptist in Tow TX) are posted, if you lose them are have question please pm.

Received an email this morning.. gave an update then asked me to put it in my own words on the forum.. i'ts pretty bleak.. bottom line is he got up to pee and that wore him out.. he can keep Gatorade down if he drinks it slow.. out side of that he's a zombie.. she can't get anything besides a cookie and the Gatorade in him.. and that's the good stuff.. i think how she ended it was the most special.. this is her words.. considering how sick he is.. and how exhausted she is.. this is hero stuff..

from eights "filly".. Put this update in your own words on the forums
    We are praying for all of you too
    V

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I guess we should have read more into Ace's post a few months ago on "when do you sell your guns." Never considered this is why.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Feb 25, 2013
    it's happened .. Bob passed today.. Sure they could both use our prayers..

couple of emails crossed today.. i knew she was worried about Bob seeing Sept. and wanted her to know that people were posting prayers.. i received this at the same time i was sending mine..

He passes away today a little after 12pm My heart aches and it is hard to believe I will never see that twinkle in his eyes again.
    or when I look into the yard he won't be there .
    Thank you for all your prayers

I pray i can type these words and honor Bob and his wife, by not having any "greg" in them.. Lord please guide me that this prayer is from my soul, and with the guidance you give us all when we ask..

Dear Lord please have Robert David Fords soul in your hands, and his wife's heart in your heart.. We pray that you take away her pain as much as possible, and fill her heart with loving memories of Bob..

We pray that when ever she looks into the yard or needs Bob in anyway that he might be there, with her now and in the future through your spirit..

Lord the love we have in our lives is a reflection of the love that is the Holy Spirit, and that is you.. We feel the love of others and know that this is an example of your love.. now and always..

We pray that if it's your will she can reach Bob through your presence in her life, and see that twinkle in his eyes again.. Lord we know that twinkle isn't gone.. it's in you.. Please bless all these good people who honestly care about a Man who never complained.. and who suffered in dignity, and had a wife who made all of that possible.. in your holy name

amen

Last edited:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    couple of emails crossed today.. i knew she was worried about Bob seeing Sept. and wanted her to know that people were posting prayers.. i received this at the same time i was sending mine..

He passes away today a little after 12pm My heart aches and it is hard to believe I will never see that twinkle in his eyes again.
    or when I look into the yard he won't be there .
    Thank you for all your prayers

I pray i can type these words and honor Bob and his wife, by not having any "greg" in them.. Lord please guide me that this prayer is from my soul, and with the guidance you give us all when we ask..

Dear Lord please have Robert David Fords soul in your hands, and his wife's heart in your heart.. We pray that you take away her pain as much as possible, and fill her heart with loving memories of Bob..

We pray that when ever she looks into the yard or needs Bob in anyway that he might be there, with her now and in the future through your spirit..

Lord the love we have in our lives is a reflection of the love that is the Holy Spirit, and that is you.. We feel the love of others and know that this is an example of your love.. now and always..

We pray that if it's your will she can reach Bob through your presence in her life, and see that twinkle in his eyes again.. Lord we know that twinkle isn't gone.. it's in you.. Please bless all these good people who honestly care about a Man who never complained.. and who suffered in dignity, and had a wife who made all of that possible.. in your holy name

amen
    thanks. Padre! And we all know GODS will be DONE.
    We know pain comes to us all. May the heavenly father guide her. Comfort. Her!!
    He is was and will be one of us!!! Bless ACES ! Its hard to see now! But dammit it still hurts.
    So people get this right! Love all you can. Love all you come across, teach, train, And leave no one behind.
    We were friends. Met him once, but we talked, laughed. And called me on some things. For that i am blessed.
    Like him we all have to answer for every thing we have done. The way we live, love, respect,
    Each and every one we come across. I was stuck on stupid when i joined here.
    But people like ACES i grew up. Thank you aces for touching me, and mine!!! Now RIP by brother. My friend.
    Please father be with his family in this trying time, padre
    If she is in want for anything! Anytime! Anyplace call me asap

My love regards, and sorrow, regret, and joy he is now with the father.

Top Bottom