Capitol Armory ad

On death and dying.. please read.. one of ours is in peril..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Amen. This place makes me so happy. Lots of good christian brothers and sisters in Christ, whom we can rely on to help us keep our strength.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    14 days from now will be 7 years since the Drs told me that my Cancer would put me in the ground in less than 2 weeks. Keep you head up and don't give in. It can be beaten and it has been before.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    May 25, 2009
    I recently went to the funeral of a friends little girl who lost her battle with a brain tumor. She received her news as a child, and while the tears flowed at first, she inspired everyone that knew her how she continued on with life instead of accepting defeat. I'm still amazed how strong her faith was and how she was able to find joy in so many of the simple things over the last couple of years.

Prayers sent from here, but in the meantime, anything we can do to help you get on with life and use this as a retreat from everything else that is going on would be our pleasure.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Feb 25, 2013
    Bob, it's nice to share this in a forum with others.. told G about the out flowing of positive thoughts, and she reminded me of something i should have told you yesterday.. one of the aunt's back in Milwaukee had the same three month diagnosis.. i remember this so well, and i remember being with her 6 months later at the middle girls wedding.. She lost the battle.. but the "expert" 3 month call turned out to be close to two years.. I'm only sorry i didn't remember this yesterday when the weight of the world was dropped on you two..

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Reading through the comments makes me realize that this world still has good and caring people. To be honest I couldnt make it through all the posts without sheddin a tear. Bob I dont know you....but know that you are in my prayers. Its awesome to know that this forum is filled with people that care about each other even if they have never met.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    I thought all my tears were gone till I read this Thank Y'all for the prayers Thank You Padre for the words . Everyone here from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU ALL .
    My Oncologist offered me experimental chemo which would be more harmful or forgo treatment for a better quality of life, I chose the latter after seven months and 4 different types of chemo I need a break. It was devastating news to my wife and I but will take each day as a gift from the one who gave me life. pawncop thank you for your prayer too.

Bob

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I have a sister battling colon cancer right now and I just finished chemo for pancreatic cancer back in May. Cancer is a physical, mental, and spiritual strain, and the mental stress is by far the worst. Cancer doesn't just want to take your life; it wants to take your soul.

Nothing about the disease is cut-and-dried; People recover from deep stage cancer and people die from what should be minor cancer. Even after recovery, you don't really know if you're safe from it coming back until you die from something else.

One thing I'm certain of is that God makes the call regarding death, not the doctors. Live with dignity and let things work out the way they are supposed to.

Our prayers go out to this family.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    AMEN!!!!...I don't have the words and even if I did I feel sure they would not be spoken in the correct manor, Aside from this forum I do not know ya Bob,......but I can say this, I love you brother. My heart is with you and your wife. Stay strong and NEVER loose your will to fight.

Top Bottom