• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Two of our three toyotas came with the lifetime oil changes. One of them takes synthetic. After reading the op, it is another reason I am glad I went with Toyota.
    Hurley's Gold

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'm usually around $80-90 depending on sales. 4 gallons of Rotella Full Synthetic and a Motorcraft filter at Wally World.

I agree on the futomo valve, makes it a little cleaner and easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    The wife has been going through some medical issues and I've been down with bronchitis twice since Thanksgiving.
    No time for an oil change, needed one badly, so I got lazy and stopped by my local Jiffy Lube.

6 qts of 5W30 Mobil 1, filter and the normal fluff ... $94.xx

When I asked about it, the manager said it was because I requested Mobil 1 and they charge $12/qt.
    I asked him if that 100% markup was worth losing a customer with 3 vehicles ... a stretch, I know, but ... He had no response.

I typically change my own oil. I have a lift in my shop, so its no big deal ... usually takes longer to get the vehicle on the lift than it does to drain the fluids.
    I paid dearly for my laziness.

Its been forever since I had a quickee change place perform a fluid change.
    Is this the going rate elsewhere?

Check your drain plug, and be glad you don't have a diesel. :)

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Local Dodge/Chrysler dealer charged $100 for a four oil change package deal on my 2013 RAM 1500 last year.
    Have one left,.
    Makes me wonder what it's going be next time ...

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I get two freebies with my Tacoma and then it's back to me doing my own oil change. I've seen some of the prices come from the stealerships and holy crap. My Corvette was 80 bucks at Don Hewlett but only 40 at Don Ringler in Temple. I didn't really care at the time but I'm not going to get railed for 80-100 bucks for my truck.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I get two freebies with my Tacoma and then it's back to me doing my own oil change. I've seen some of the prices come from the stealerships and holy crap. My Corvette was 80 bucks at Don Hewlett but only 40 at Don Ringler in Temple. I didn't really care at the time but I'm not going to get railed for 80-100 bucks for my truck.
    Just 2?? I got 2 years/24,000 miles free service when I bought my 2015.

Kenny D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Crosby, Texas
    I never got hit that bad but once I was in a hurry and had Walmart change the oil. Just went with the bulk 10W30 and standard filter. Went to pay and noticed the price was higher than the advertised price. Asked the lady behind the register, she called in the "mechanic" and he said that they used 8 quarts. I looked him right in the eyes and told him "no way". A 1999 Chevy Suburban 350 only holds 5 quarts with the filter and he better of not put 8 quarts in there. Made him go out with me and had him check the oil. Dipstick showed correctly, and he admitted to using the correct amount of oil and must have accidentally clicked the wrong amount of oil used on his little handheld ticket maker. Needless to say I didn't pay the inflated price and never had them change it again. Next oil change I did myself and noticed that they cross threaded my drain plug. I just chased the threads with a tap and put a new drain plug in. I figured it wasn't worth the hassle to go and complain.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    That is insane. I have the dealer do it and I get a tire rotation for less than 1/2 that.

I was doing that and it was under $50.
    But it took the guys forever.

I would drop it off well before 9, the wife would pick me up, we would go to breakfast, run a couple errands, she'd run me back to the dealership and it would still be noon before it was ready.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    So does anyone know if it pays to try Wally and use their services or is there a cheaper alternative? I've spent too many years working to save my money to start climbing back under the car to save a few bucks. Also, I will use the very best synthetics and filters available as they afford me the best protection for my enormous investment. I will not throw away money at some garage that has figured out a scheme to screw me though.

If Wally is the cheapest plus the cost of a $26 for oil of my choosing and a good filter (i use factory to 100k then Wix if better than factory) then I will go there.

Anyone use Wally and get a better deal on their vehicles?

Top Bottom