• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    We use Kwik Kar and get the same lube in the ass pricing. I buy my oil at Wally and bring it in myself but they still have some bullfuck way of charging me when it comes time to pay.

With oil selling at $30 a barrel you'd think they could give the shit away. The up tick is that I can wait for 12k-15k between oil changes instead of the usual 3k that it used to be ages ago.
    Lynx Defense

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Damn guys. I'm doing full syn oil with Wix filters for around $30 - $40. That's crazy. Here's a tip-buy your oil at walmart and your filter (if wix) at Advance Auto. Thier Red Carquest filters are made by Wix.

Do you have your own shop? If not, WHERE are you getting those great prices? I do the same with buying oil at Wally but the Kwik Kar joint has a way of charging you to get around that scheme.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    There's royal purple in the camaro. With a k&n oil filter.

In total it ran about about $50. $100 Bucks for an oil change is a rip.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Just did my oil change 2 days ago. Was $27.99 for the oil (Mobil 1 5w-20) and $8.99 for the premium filter. Knocked it out in my driveway like I have been doing since I could drive. I would never trust anyone to work on my cars.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    ~$80 / 8 quarts Royal Purple 5w30 from Walmart.
    ~$8 Purolator Pure One PL30001 oil filter from Advance Auto Parts.
    ~$20 for cheap set of Stanley sockets and rachets, from Walmart, to be able to do the oil change since some A-hole stole all my tools back in November.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Do you have your own shop? If not, WHERE are you getting those great prices? I do the same with buying oil at Wally but the Kwik Kar joint has a way of charging you to get around that scheme.
    I have my own driveway and tools. Like it's already been shown, the oil goes for $25-$30 depending on sales/tax, and the filter is usually $8-$12 depending on sales/tax. I just brought that up to show you how much extra shops charge for labor and "shop fees". Find yourself a mechanically inclined bud, buy him a $10 big box pizza at pizza hut, or a few beers, or a drink and most will call it good at that.

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    My truck takes 3 gallons of oil. I can get under the truck and change the oil and be done with it by the time a quickie place would start the job

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The cost of the oil is nothing compared to when those hamfisted shitheads strip your drain plug threads.

Never goto those quicklube places. If you can't change your own oil, then find a well liked independent mechanic. Hell, if you want I'll change your oil for you. You buy the supplies; labor cost is just food or ammo ;)

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    My brother worked at a Jiffy Lube for a while, and said it was somewhat rare to find an employee there that gave a shit. Back in high school I had a Jiffy Lube tear the drain plug out of my Jeep, and that was coincidentally the last time I had my oil changed at one. My car has free oil changes for life at the dealer I bought it from, but I do everything myself on my vehicles so I change it.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    For you do it yourselvers, check out the fumoto valve. Makes changes that much easier

Have had them on several veh. No issues

sent from the batcloset in the batcave on the batphone

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    When I first got my oil changed in 2011 on my car with mobil 1 6 qts i paid about 100.00 . If I take it to a place now it costs less about 75.00
    I do it myself with amsiol and wix filter. it is a lot cheaper i buy a case of twelve and 2 filters.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Usually do my own also, but the worst part of doing an oil change is taking the old oil to the local parts store. $100 ??? I guess I won't be complaining next time I'm waiting at Wal-Mart for two hours when they change mine for $45.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Yes that seems high. I pay ~$100 for Royal Purple synthetic oil change with Wix filter. But I also get my truck washed, hand dried, vacuumed, interior wipe down and glass cleaned.

I get on average 3 oil changes per year. Worth every penny to have somebody else fool with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom