Venture Surplus ad

Officer shoots double amputee in wheelchair.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Just food for thought. Guy who got shot had one arm. Was in a wheelchair. Probably a powered wheelchair, since a regular one usually takes two hands to operate.

Power chairs take one hand to operate. How can he advance AND menace at the same time?

Seems like a kick would have sufficed at any rate...

Do cops carry pepper spray anymore? The "slapper" comment made me chuckle. I got one stuck away somewhere. Had not thought of that in years.
    Venture Surplus ad

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    This was posted on the Lubbock KCBD Facebook page.

FBI to investigate officer shooting double-amputee - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

By JUAN A. LOZANO
    Associated PressHOUSTON (AP) - Houston's police chief says he has asked the FBI to help investigate the fatal shooting of a wheelchair-bound double amputee by an officer at a group home.
    Houston Police Chief Charles McClelland also asked the community Monday to "reserve judgment" after the weekend shooting. McClelland called it "tragic and unfortunate for everyone involved."
    Officer Matthew Marin shot Brian Claunch early Saturday after responding to a call that the double amputee was causing a disturbance inside the home.
    Police have said Claunch cornered Marin, threatened him and was waving an object. Marin reportedly told investigators he didn't know the object in Claunch's hand was a pen.
    Marin has been placed on administrative leave.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'm just going to throw this out there, so take it where yall will... But just because he only has one arm and is confined to a wheel chair doesn't me mean he is not a threat.

tap talked from a phone yeah im on my phone! it's crazy!

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Meh.....another POS Pshyco is dead!! I congratulate that officer!! You don't want to get shot?.....then Continue to take yer meds AND don't fight with COPS!!!!!!!!! I'm sick and F....... tired of the age old excuse "Oh that poor dead so-n-so was bi-polar, off their meds" etc blah blah blah!! If you cannot act in a normal sane rational manner for any reason, STAY THE "F" OUT OF THE PUBLIC/SOCIETY!!!! The lames in this country need to be held accountable the same as anyone!! a Guy in a wheelchair shouldn't have been waving anything violently at a cop!! Act stupid ya get DEAD!! works for me.......

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Seems like a kick would have sufficed at any rate...

You are willing to bet your life on that huh? Guess the officer valued HIS life or the life of his partner too much to risk it.

Maybe we could ask a guy I worked with what his opinion is. He can explain what it feels like to have a wood pencil stuck in your elbow by a idjit....

.....and just a quick comment on pepper spray. It does NOT incapacitate a person. Just like every officer, I had to be sprayed straight-on to "experience the experience" before being issued the stuff. It didn't make me fall to the ground like a baby or the reaction of what happens in the movies.
    DPS sprays their cadets and then makes them fight off 2 or 3 attackers! Remember also, pepper spray in a small room gets in everyone's eyes. NOT a wise move to use it indoors.

In the end, the cop went home and the bad-guy is no longer a burden. Happy day!

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Meh.....another POS Pshyco is dead!! I congratulate that officer!! You don't want to get shot?.....then Continue to take yer meds AND don't fight with COPS!!!!!!!!! I'm sick and F....... tired of the age old excuse "Oh that poor dead so-n-so was bi-polar, off their meds" etc blah blah blah!! If you cannot act in a normal sane rational manner for any reason, STAY THE "F" OUT OF THE PUBLIC/SOCIETY!!!! The lames in this country need to be held accountable the same as anyone!! a Guy in a wheelchair shouldn't have been waving anything violently at a cop!! Act stupid ya get DEAD!! works for me.......

Does this include veterans suffering from PTSD?

You're the one being irrational, maybe an officer should come shoot you. I don't understand how having a diagnosed mental disorder makes someone a POS "Pshyco"(it's psycho by the way).

I don't know the whole story, I wasn't there - so I'll keep my opinion to myself.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Well, congratulations. That was one of the most insensitive posts I've read on here. And, by the way, he was in a "group home" and not roaming around in public. May I suggest a little reading comprehension?

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Yeah.... I don't think genocide is the answer folks are looking for.

who said anything about genocide? I simply stated if the those with any kind of problems out there in this world act a fool and put an officers life in danger, they should reap the concequence the same as anyone. even the slightest insignificant danger they get what ever the outcome is. Oh the poor soul was in a wheelchair don't hurt him.......He could have hurt the officer just the same as a 6ft 280# healthy guy looking to do harm.....Insensitive maybe, but in this day and age society has changed for the worse. so if ya act a fool and get dead by the police, maybe just maybe you shouldn't have acted a fool!! I could give 2 ..... he was in a wheelchair!! the whimpification of the country just seems to get worse.......

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I understand the basic idea You're throwing out there just the delivery needs a little work. It's just the way it was worded is all.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I get what you are saying Skeeter. I am not gonna shed a tear for him. He went after a cop. His mental issues get him no sympathy.

I don't think the cop did wrong but he could have handled it better also. I wasn't in his shoes so he did what he felt was necessary. It is what it is.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012

Go take your meds.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You are willing to bet your life on that huh? Guess the officer valued HIS life or the life of his partner too much to risk it.

Maybe we could ask a guy I worked with what his opinion is. He can explain what it feels like to have a wood pencil stuck in your elbow by a idjit....

.....and just a quick comment on pepper spray. It does NOT incapacitate a person. Just like every officer, I had to be sprayed straight-on to "experience the experience" before being issued the stuff. It didn't make me fall to the ground like a baby or the reaction of what happens in the movies.
    DPS sprays their cadets and then makes them fight off 2 or 3 attackers! Remember also, pepper spray in a small room gets in everyone's eyes. NOT a wise move to use it indoors.

In the end, the cop went home and the bad-guy is no longer a burden. Happy day!

You'd be shocked at what I bet my life on. Most of the times I've done it just for the adrenaline.

Pepper spray? Pain just pisses me off. When I bust a knuckle at work, I have to get control of myself real fast before I punch the car I just accidentally punched and do real damage to myself.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    I don't think the cop did wrong but he could have handled it better also.
    I also think there could have possibly been a chance to have handled it different. but the cop did what he felt was needed and the "Bleeding Hearts" are crying about it!! too bad the 1950's are gone, as the way cops did the job back then sure made some think twice. not to mention the longer tougher sentances handed out. Except for the whole racist aspect which we could have done without. The movie "Muholland Falls" comes to mind!!

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    The sad part is, anytime something like this happens, receives such responses, it could cause that one officer just one split second to second guess his proper training.......that's what pisses me off about it so much. He made the call based on what he saw which NOBODY else can speak of except his partner. Yet, people line up with ropes to hang him and bring up the past where he shot someone who actually came at him with a knife. Quick, someone get Obama to say "If I had a double amp white son, he'd look like him."

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    and the "Bleeding Hearts" are crying about it

I don't think they're bleeding hearts, and those with differing opinions aren't saying "shoot first and then think". I think some people are questioning the cop's judgement. None or us were there. Those investigating will sort it all out and decide what to do.

Something nobody's mentioned is whether or not this might have been someone wanting to die. Suicide by cop?

Top Bottom