• ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Can't you fix the underlying problem causing it and not be taking pills to mask the cause?
    I maybe already have. For the two days just prior to this hitting me, I spent both days sitting at a desk on a project, without walking around, taking a break. That alone might have aggravated the nerve. I've changed that behavior and in the 4 days since there's been no re-occurrance, nor hint of one, nor need for pills. IF it ever happens again I'll indeed try and find the cause.

Thanks for checking up on me, very much appreciated. :)

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I maybe already have. For the two days just prior to this hitting me, I spent both days sitting at a desk on a project, without walking around, taking a break. That alone might have aggravated the nerve. I've changed that behavior and in the 4 days since there's been no re-occurrance, nor hint of one, nor need for pills. IF it ever happens again I'll indeed try and find the cause.

In my case once damaged recurrence has been a definite problem.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Well as I have had three herniated disc's I can safely say that what ever might aggrivate them can do the same for it. I will tell you inactivity except for recovery is your enemy. The thing that most helped me to strengthen my back and help avoid issues with my discs was getting back in the saddle after years of having not been, I'm older now and have collected more injuries and retired and mostly idle so very aware of what I am doing or acutely so afterwards.
    Johnny

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Well as I have had three herniated disc's I can safely say that what ever might aggrivate them can do the same for it. I will tell you inactivity except for recovery is your enemy. The thing that most helped me to strengthen my back and help avoid issues with my discs was getting back in the saddle after years of having not been, I'm older now and have collected more injuries and retired and mostly idle so very aware of what I am doing or acutely so afterwards.
    Johnny

I'm paying attention to that right there. ^^
    Time to take every opportunity to get off my butt, even if it's just walking around in the house... and outside when I'm able. Come on cooler weather! :D

Thanks for your reply. :)

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

With that issue there is almost always an underlying problem that makes it manifest itself
    Many times it's hip shift.
    I lived with it for too long back 20 years ago until I figured it out
    Glad you are on the mend

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I'm paying attention to that right there. ^^
    Time to take every opportunity to get off my butt, even if it's just walking around in the house... and outside when I'm able. Come on cooler weather! :D

Thanks for your reply. :)
    Hey MG,

For quick relief...

Pile the cushions on the couch even with the arm of the couch.

Get pillow for your haid.

Lay across pillows on couch with legs a "dangling" (of course you will have bent your knees)....

This stretches the lower back (I have two blowed out discs and a busted vertebrae)...and takes the pressure off.

Five to fifteen minutes (I fall asleep immediately) and most times it greatly relieves the spasms....

Sure hope this helps.

Later, Mark

Top Bottom