• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Covid has reared it's ugly head in the Whistler clan. Number one daughter, her daughter and step daughters and their daughters.
    Suspect Thanksgiving gatherings however to date no males are positive. The youngest are doing very well, wouldn't know except for the tests. The moms all seem to be manageable (if miserable ) at present.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Covid has reared it's ugly head in the Whistler clan. Number one daughter, her daughter and step daughters and their daughters.
    Suspect Thanksgiving gatherings however to date no males are positive. The youngest are doing very well, wouldn't know except for the tests. The moms all seem to be manageable (if miserable ) at present.
    Prayer sent for all the folk in the WHISTLER BUNCH!

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Fair question. Don't bother with the CDC. They don't know their @ss from a hole in their head.
    I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is since before 2019, covid and sometimes sars were often associated with the cold. Now we tend to think everything covid is associated with covid-19. Strange how language can be easily manipulated.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is since before 2019, covid and sometimes sars were often associated with the cold. Now we tend to think everything covid is associated with covid-19. Strange how language can be easily manipulated.
    Almost as easily as..........."sheeple"...

1701564744018.png

Coon

Changing from glory to glory
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    Didn't they say that Drs. were having trouble telling the difference between the new variant of covid and a common cold? I saw that on the internet, so it has to be true...

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Well, no global conquest, no forging...and the damn oil change turned into an ordeal that ate the entire afternoon, left Pickles bleeding, and put me in pain from having to crawl under the car to try to force the stupid special oil filter tool Toyota requires to overcome the 10,000 foot pounds of torque the jackasses at Henderson Automotive in Seven Points, TX put on every damn moving part underneath the car last time I foolishly trusted them to change my oil.

Quick lunch and a trip to O'Reilly for oil and a filter (and, as it turned out, a special tool required to do the freaky-ass and unnecessarily different oil filter change): 1-1/2 hours. It was a good lunch, and it's a bit of a drive.

Jacking the car up and getting it on jack stands: 10 minutes.

Pulling the oil pan drain bolt: 15 minutes, and our first sign of trouble as Pickles had a hell of a time budging it.

Unscrewing the drain plug in the cap of the stupid oil filter compartment: 20 minutes of solid effort with a ratchet wrench.

Using the special tool to unscrew the cap of the stupid oil filter compartment to access the squishy, oil-filled filter core that's the part you replace by using brute force from both Pickles and me (and let me tell you how fun it is getting down on the ground with my knees...) trying to use a rubber mallet on the ratchet to force it to unscrew, and then finally finding a long enough steel tube that would fit over the handle of a ratchet so enough leverage could be brought to bear to unscrew the damn thing: Well over 2 hours, possibly 3.

Replacing the filter and the o-rings, screwing everything together, and filling the car with fresh oil: 15 minutes.

But I did just make some tacos, and they were tasty.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Make sure they watch out for follow-on pneumonia. When I had Covid last year, the covid itself wasn't so bad. I felt like shit for 3 days and then was ready to go on with my life...and then suddenly I was coughing, wheezing, exhausted, and feeling like death warmed over. Turns out I had viral pneumonia that took advantage of my slightly weakened state. I managed to stay out of the hospital, but damn it was rough for a couple of weeks. And it seems that most current "covid" deaths...are from the damn pneumonia that will sometimes follow it.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Well, no global conquest, no forging...and the damn oil change turned into an ordeal that ate the entire afternoon, left Pickles bleeding, and put me in pain from having to crawl under the car to try to force the stupid special oil filter tool Toyota requires to overcome the 10,000 foot pounds of torque the jackasses at Henderson Automotive in Seven Points, TX put on every damn moving part underneath the car last time I foolishly trusted them to change my oil.

Quick lunch and a trip to O'Reilly for oil and a filter (and, as it turned out, a special tool required to do the freaky-ass and unnecessarily different oil filter change): 1-1/2 hours. It was a good lunch, and it's a bit of a drive.

Pulling the oil pan drain bolt: 15 minutes, and our first sign of trouble as Pickles had a hell of a time budging it.

Unscrewing the drain plug in the cap of the stupid oil filter compartment: 20 minutes of solid effort with a ratchet wrench.

Using the special tool to unscrew the cap of the stupid oil filter compartment to access the squishy, oil-filled filter core that's the part you replace by using brute force from both Pickles and me (and let me tell you how fun it is getting down on the ground with my knees...) trying to use a rubber mallet on the ratchet to force it to unscrew, and then finally finding a long enough steel tube that would fit over the handle of a ratchet so enough leverage could be brought to bear to unscrew the damn thing: Well over 2 hours, possibly 3.

Replacing the filter and the o-rings, screwing everything together, and filling the car with fresh oil: 15 minutes.

And...on the next episode of COYOTE FALLS/FORGE!

We will see a toYoTa vs ANVIL! :weights:

You will love putting a heater core in a modern FOMOCO (or any other vehicle)....About 11hrs if.......you have done that model before...

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area

But look at all the money you saved and you didn't have to sit in a waiting room at the dealership.

Top Bottom