• easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Mornin!.... Coffee!

Played hooky Thursday night to see Aaron Lewis. Good show! Lots of interaction with the crowd. Refreshing to see so many patriotic people in one place. FJB was the theme of the show.

1019232233.jpg

Aaron Lewis and friends were out helping reduce the coyote population while in Texas.

Aaron.jpg

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Sock whore
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    From my (not a lawyer) understanding, a "Straw-Purchase" is when a 'Legal' Buyer buys a firearm for a/an 'Prohibited/Illegal' Recipient.

A parent is the Gaurdian and legal it would seem to be. Barring neither have a record of felonious jurisprudence.

*Legal Disclaimer*

Not in anyway a lawyer, I just play one on TGT.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    From my (not a lawyer) understanding, a "Straw-Purchase" is when a 'Legal' Buyer buys a firearm for a/an 'Prohibited/Illegal' Recipient.

A parent is the Gaurdian and legal it would seem to be. Barring neither have a record of felonious jurisprudence.

*Legal Disclaimer*

Not in anyway a lawyer, I just play one on TGT.

Not prohibited from receiving it as a gift, but prohibited from buying it himself.
    It wasn't a gift because he said he saved up the money to buy it.

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Sock whore
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    Not prohibited from receiving it as a gift, but prohibited from buying it himself.
    It wasn't a gift because he said he saved up the money to buy it.
    Correct- The recipient can legally possess, but is not of age to purchase. Just like Dad buying a .22 for old billy. He can take it shooting but cannot go into a store and purchase. Then brings into question the Grandfather/paternal/maternal rules/laws.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Correct- The recipient can legally possess, but is not of age to purchase. Just like Dad buying a .22 for old billy. He can take it shooting but cannot go into a store and purchase. Then brings into question the Grandfather/paternal/maternal rules/laws.

So gifting, versus sending dad in with money to buy it for him because he can't, is the same?

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The son stated it.
    I would hold the gun in trust as a parent, and he can use it in a legal way.

No matter what the law may say, in an age where a Derek Chauvin can go to prison for murder, and from the videos there is no way you can convince me he was trying to kill Floyd, which murder implies. I have little trust in the justice system.

Top Bottom