• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas_Lone_Ranger

Sock whore
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    So gifting, versus sending dad in with money to buy it for him because he can't, is the same?
    It would be in the Dad's name as the Son cannot legally purchase either way, source of the money wouldn't matter I would think. I believe the gift rule is Maternal to a Son, Paternal to a Daughter? I thought I read that somewhere and probably look like a Dolt even saying it here in Tx. Was something I read or miss/remember possibly.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It would be in the Dad's name as the Son cannot legally purchase either way, source of the money wouldn't matter I would think. I believe the gift rule is Maternal to a Son, Paternal to a Daughter? I thought I read that somewhere and probably look like a Dolt even saying it here in Tx. Was something I read or miss/remember possibly.

Same with any straw purchase.
    Source proves it's not a gift.

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Sock whore
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    I would hold the gun in trust as a parent, and he can use it in a legal way.

No matter what the law may say, in an age where a Derek Chauvin can go to prison for murder, and from the videos there is no way you can convince me he was trying to kill Floyd, which murder implies. I have little trust in the justice system.
    That's the most legal/protected way I would think, Trust it.

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Sock whore
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    I think a case could be made if the buyer was buying a firearm for the random kid down the street with his allowance money, and then giving him the rifle. You would have a straw purchase in regards to him not being able to buy it due to legallity of age.

But legality of age and source money is moot when it is the legal parent that is legally able to purchase it, buying it for the kid in the parents name*.

*Not a lawyer!*

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I would hold the gun in trust as a parent, and he can use it in a legal way.

No matter what the law may say, in an age where a Derek Chauvin can go to prison for murder, and from the videos there is no way you can convince me he was trying to kill Floyd, which murder implies. I have little trust in the justice system.
    Speaking of George Floyd.....I don't know if you know the latest news.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The source money is still the Parents in legal theory if the kid cannot buy a gun, and is under 18. Hence legal title Parent/Guardian/Conservator.
    He said he made the money working over the summer.
    Why would that be the parents money?

ETA: This is what I'm going off of.
    Didn't want to do it direct quote, so copy and paste.

"15 years old
    Dad had to pick it up for me due to my age.
    Worked all summer long to earn the money. "

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Sock whore
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    He said he made the money working over the summer.
    Why would that be the parents money?

ETA: This is what I'm going off of.
    Didn't want to do it direct quote, so copy and paste.

"15 years old
    Dad had to pick it up for me due to my age.
    Worked all summer long to earn the money. "
    Laws are continually fluid and changing these days. A child now has to give permission to a healthcare provider or the Dr. for them to release medical information to the parent. So with that I do not know anymore considering the legal blanket of custody seems parsed.

Going off the qoute you presented, it to me would be up to a Prosecuter to decide if a straw-purchase by legal definition (that law was written to combat mexican cartels and U.S Citizens procuring them guns) fits.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    1697920371761.jpeg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Well, I spent the morning and a chunk on the afternoon hauling cut limbs off from my mother in law's yard where 1/3 of her pecan tree came crashing down a couple of weeks ago, then I came home, put the trailer up, got showered and dressed in clean clothes to hit the volunteer fire department's fish fry, then stumbled home to finally recover from the work this morning.

So. I'm finally here. I'd ask what I missed, but after reading that "gift or straw purchase" conversation...I'll just sit over here and relax.

Top Bottom