Just passin' through...

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Ha! Had that very same situation at Lowe's Saturday. Not a single open register, plenty of self check out. I sort of loudly asked the guy standing there with his hands in his pockets if he could get someone to run a check out.
    They did, no problem and had a good sale on what I wanted.
    It's not an automat and I don't work for them, this self checkout crap is insulting.

How is it insulting?

I like them. Scan my shit, pay, and go. Takes way less time if everything is working properly.

When was the last time you were at a retailer and really had a great experience with help there? Maybe 1 in 10 times if you don't know what you're looking for?

Whatever simplifies the process of me getting what I need and getting out of there I'm all for (short of a chip implant).

Or were you just showing them who's the boss and sticking it to them?

Making them check you out when you could have easily done it yourself is kind of a Karen move in my opinion but you do you.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    How is it insulting?

I like them. Scan my shit, pay, and go. Takes way less time if everything is working properly.

When was the last time you were at a retailer and really had a great experience with help there? Maybe 1 in 10 times if you don't know what you're looking for?

Whatever simplifies the process of me getting what I need and getting out of there I'm all for (short of a chip implant).

Or were you just showing them who's the boss and sticking it to them?

Making them check you out when you could have easily done it yourself is kind of a Karen move in my opinion but you do you.
    To me, the insulting part is when retailers no longer care about customer service. Other than that, I agree with you 100%. Whatever gets me out of there faster is my first choice.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom