• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    Waiting to start first day of last chemo cycle. It will be a long one today. 5 or 6 oclock.
    E58958CC-2A84-4989-B065-D823A9C52330.jpeg

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Help -
    260lb male, multiple bee/hornet stings - 4 25mg Benadryl okay?
    Normally not allergic
    Healthline says:

1. Make sure to clean the affected area with soap and water.
    2. Apply a cold compress to the site of the sting to dull pain and reduce swelling.
    3. If stung on your arm or leg, elevate it to reduce swelling.
    4. Take or apply over-the-counter medications like antihistamines or corticoid steroids to reduce symptoms near the sting.
    5. Consider taking acetaminophen to manage pain if needed.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Back in the mid 90’s I had my first allergic reaction. In the ER, they gave me a shot with 100 mg’s of Benadryl followed by another 100 mg shot 30 minutes later. They kept asking me what I was allergic to and I kept saying I’ve never been allergic to anything. We had a repeat of the whole process 3 weeks later, and the only thing those days had in common was eating at Burger King. After months of extensive allergy testing, and keeping packaging from everything I ate throughout the day, we finally figured out I’m allergic to artificial citric acid. I can’t eat or drink anything “fortified” with Vitamin C .

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Thanks everybody. All is well. Except I have a confession to make.

My last husband was killed by a swarm of yellow jackets on the mountain. He made it into our cabin, stuck his head under the cold water faucet to stop the pain, said he thought he was having a heart attack, went and sat on the toilet, by the time I got in the bathroom his eyes were rolled back and foam was coming out of his mouth. I got him on the floor, called 911, and did CPR on him for over 20 min waiting for rescue to show up. They worked on him for a while then pronounced him dead. That was just over 2 yrs ago.

Seconds before I made my Help post ^^ - my husband called in from the door, said he was headed to clear out that hornet's nest and took off. I had a flashback panic, what if it happened again? I failed the first time and I didn't know what to do if it happened again... then I remembered about Benadryl but wouldn't know how much to quickly give him while waiting for rescue - so I made the quick post... praying someone would see my call for help, and you did.

After I read @ZX9RCAM 's post of assurance, @Wudidiz 's post on care, and @TxStetson 's post about dosage - I grabbed the bottle of Benadryl, some water and my phone and chased out after him. I watched as he worked; took him 20min to get it all knocked down, he did not get stung.

I've spent the last few hours in deep thought; about what happened before, about what could have happened today, about how short life is and about how grateful I am for my blessings; not the least of which is being a part of TGT.

Again, thank you all for your replies and I'm very sorry for leaving the wrong impression; I didn't have time to explain then, but wanted to now.

Last edited:

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    edmonsonjohn68
    Top Bottom