• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    @Vaquero here you go. I will continue till asked to stop.

native-american-rain-dance.jpg

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I figured out how to motivate them to get my title and registration figured out.
    Back on Monday I did a simple title transfer and paid the sales tax on the vehicle
    I came back today with insurance and inspection in hand to do the registration but they said there was a problem in the system and the title transfer was not going through
    So I told them until they got me my title that I wanted my tax money back because that is theft.

They had no problem taking my tax payment mind you..

So after I ask for my taxes back , they got 2 supervisors on it and had me fixed up in 15 minutes

Sonsabitches
    Last time I did a title transfer separate from registration they told me not to come back before I received the new title.

My FMV registration went pretty easily considering they hadn't done one before. It was ultimately listed as a classic vehicle and technically limited as such under those rules.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Here is the issue I have, and it's not a personal issue against anyone specific, it's more just against our human nature.

Some members here see someone post and are looking to argue before they even read the post. They see the poster's name and start gearing up to fight before they make it through the first sentence.

I fight the urge to hate a post just because of the poster. I read the post and look at it objectively.

I also have no blocked list as I think everyone has something to teach, even if it's what not to do or think.

Read the post, ignore who posted it.
    Nope no ignore list either, I think it's kinda lame but not as lame as those who alert the media everytime they add someone like it's a big deal or insult. Narcissistic if you ask me. Not talking the running "update the spreadsheet joke" here.

In the same vein if you post publicly you don't have the right to get butt hurt when someone disagrees or debates your position. You also shouldn't start the passive aggressive insults either. Those folks really are looking fir a blog not a forum.

Sadly all forms of social media and forums have turned lots of people into narcissistic children incapable of facing disagreements or differences of opinion. They think they have the right to have their opinions accepted by everyone without question and have the right to not be disagreed with or offended.

It's a 2 way street

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I commented last night on having read the stupidest shit I had ever encountered here, and apparently the shitposter has a defender.
    I don't think anyone is defending him personally. I am just defending his right to post things that you don't agree with without getting personally attacked.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Nope no ignore list either, I think it's kinda lame but not as lame as those who alert the media everytime they add someone like it's a big deal or insult. Narcissistic if you ask me. Not talking the running "update the spreadsheet joke" here.

In the same vein if you post publicly you don't have the right to get butt hurt when someone disagrees or debates your position. You also shouldn't start the passive aggressive insults either. Those folks really are looking fir a blog not a forum.

Sadly all forms of social media and forums have turned lots of people into narcissistic children incapable of facing disagreements or differences of opinion. They think they have the right to have their opinions accepted by everyone without question and have the right to not be disagreed with or offended.

It's a 2 way street
    Even though is seems kinda backwards to me, i agree with the old adage: "you made your bed; now you have to lay in it."

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Last time I did a title transfer separate from registration they told me not to come back before I received the new title.

My FMV registration went pretty easily considering they hadn't done one before. It was ultimately listed as a classic vehicle and technically limited as such under those rules.
    I like thr FMV route because you have the option to not run plates instead you stencil the reg number on the bumper

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Here is the issue I have, and it's not a personal issue against anyone specific, it's more just against our human nature.

Some members here see someone post and are looking to argue before they even read the post. They see the poster's name and start gearing up to fight before they make it through the first sentence.

I fight the urge to hate a post just because of the poster. I read the post and look at it objectively.

I also have no blocked list as I think everyone has something to teach, even if it's what not to do or think.

Read the post, ignore who posted it.

Yeah, about that...I did read the post, on its own merits, and found it to be idiotic. Believe it or not there are times leVieux has said things I agree with. And I have publicly agreed with him. But when someone who claims to be a doctor posts something like that, suggesting that sleep apnea is nothing but a part of some great government conspiracy to...monitor sleep for some reason? Because reasons? That's some stupid bullshit right there and I'll call it out.

Believe it or not, I hold no personal animosity toward him - I don't see his name and say "All right! I get to trash him!" as my fangs grow and my brow develops a ridge. But I'm also not in the habit of letting egregious bullshit go without comment.

I don't think anyone is defending him personally. I am just defending his right to post things that you don't agree with without getting personally attacked.

Pretty sure I'm not personally attacking you. Pretty sure I attack his posts on their merits and specifically avoid personally attacking him (though I make it clear I don't believe half of his claims about his background, and I will reserve the right to criticize his typical posting patterns and his standardized catalog of responses when someone dares to disagree with him). Here's the great thing about the concept of free speech: He's free to post whatever he wants. And I'm free to disagree with and criticize his posts if, in my opinion, they're stupid or even downright dangerous should someone believe his spiel.

And that goes both ways, so long as it remains within the constraints of the forum rules. Just look at you, criticizing me all freely and without constraint. Embrace that freedom, my friend - but please stop trying to tell me not to.

So. We've both said our piece. Can we end the derailment of this thread now? Am I properly chastised for being a meanie-head now?

Top Bottom