• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Cool! I'd like to criticize the "downright dangerous" part of your diatribe, which was pretty good by the way.
    I think it's a slippery slope between "downright dangerous" and " for your own good" a la "misinformation".
    I feel it's part of why we have so many stupid people, we protect them from themselves. Let them stupid themselves to death!
    Everyone needs to take responsibility and be accountable for their actions regardless of what someone else says. Calling out bad info is great, if you act on bad info, that's on you.
    Just my .02 cents, you might hate my brand of freedom, I might hate someone else's and that's the best part of freedom, we don't have to give a crap.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Cool! I'd like to criticize the "downright dangerous" part of your diatribe, which was pretty good by the way.
    I think it's a slippery slope between "downright dangerous" and " for your own good" a la "misinformation".
    I feel it's part of why we have so many stupid people, we protect them from themselves. Let them stupid themselves to death!
    Everyone needs to take responsibility and be accountable for their actions regardless of what someone else says. Calling out bad info is great, if you act on bad info, that's on you.
    Just my .02 cents, you might hate my brand of freedom, I might hate someone else's and that's the best part of freedom, we don't have to give a crap.

Yep.

tgt198.jpg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Oh, I'm all for removing all the warning labels and letting things sort themselves out. The dangerous part is that someone who claims on a daily basis to be a doctor was throwing this conspiracy theory out...and several of us chose to hold him to account for his actions.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Yeah, about that...I did read the post, on its own merits, and found it to be idiotic. Believe it or not there are times leVieux has said things I agree with. And I have publicly agreed with him. But when someone who claims to be a doctor posts something like that, suggesting that sleep apnea is nothing but a part of some great government conspiracy to...monitor sleep for some reason? Because reasons? That's some stupid bullshit right there and I'll call it out.

Believe it or not, I hold no personal animosity toward him - I don't see his name and say "All right! I get to trash him!" as my fangs grow and my brow develops a ridge. But I'm also not in the habit of letting egregious bullshit go without comment.

Pretty sure I'm not personally attacking you. Pretty sure I attack his posts on their merits and specifically avoid personally attacking him (though I make it clear I don't believe half of his claims about his background, and I will reserve the right to criticize his typical posting patterns and his standardized catalog of responses when someone dares to disagree with him). Here's the great thing about the concept of free speech: He's free to post whatever he wants. And I'm free to disagree with and criticize his posts if, in my opinion, they're stupid or even downright dangerous should someone believe his spiel.

And that goes both ways, so long as it remains within the constraints of the forum rules. Just look at you, criticizing me all freely and without constraint. Embrace that freedom, my friend - but please stop trying to tell me not to.

So. We've both said our piece. Can we end the derailment of this thread now? Am I properly chastised for being a meanie-head now?
    Your brow develops a ridge?

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Oh, I'm all for removing all the warning labels and letting things sort themselves out. The dangerous part is that someone who claims on a daily basis to be a doctor was throwing this conspiracy theory out...and several of us chose to hold him to account for his actions.
    I have come to the conclusion that the true identity of “that man” is actually Frank William Abagnale….

Co-author of the book “Catch Me If You Can”, which became a Leonardo DiCaprio movie….

Also Attorney General, Physician, Airline Pilot, Larcenist, Vagrant, Automotive Thief…. Probably also CIA Field Officer, Inventor of the Internet and cellphone technology, and the true founder of Microsoft and Apple iOS….

And Elvis Presley impersonator when time allows.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have come to the conclusion that the true identity of “that man” is actually Frank William Abagnale….

Co-author of the book “Catch Me If You Can”, which became a Leonardo DiCaprio movie….

Also Attorney General, Physician, Airline Pilot, Larcenist, Vagrant, Automotive Thief…. Probably also CIA Field Officer, Inventor of the Internet and cellphone technology, and the true founder of Microsoft and Apple iOS….

And Elvis Presley impersonator when time allows.
    sounds lika member who post here on the forum!

Top Bottom