• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Please read what I said - "They don't have to hit the reactors, just take out the collection system, substation and transmission."

That does not involve any radiation. You can take out the electrical system without harming the reactors. It does not take much to put the electrical system out of commission. A few well placed 50 BMG rounds would do it.

It's a Soviet-designed reactor that dates from the 60s, a half-assed design built by conscripted labor. I wouldn't slam a door in the control room too hard for fear of starting a meltdown. Hitting any part of that system, even power collection and transmission, is something I wouldn't risk. Plus, remember that sometimes smart munitions fail and turn dumb on their way to the target. Would you want to be the guy who accidentally took out the cooling system on a Soviet reactor and irradiated half of Europe? Or the one who gave the order for that attack.?

Remember, the Chernobyl disaster happened during a controlled shutdown, where lack of training in the staff plus serious design flaws in the reactor sent things straight to hell. Do you think the Kursk plant has better-trained personnel? Or that the reactor, which by all indications is exactly the same, doesn't have those same flaws? Once bombs start falling at the plant, what would be the first thing they'd try to do? A shutdown. In a panic, under pressure, and in a hurry. I suspect the Ukrainians are well aware of these factors.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Ukrainian forces have struck three bridges in Russia’s Kursk region in recent days, delivering a blow to Russian efforts to retake the area and suggesting that Kyiv plans to hold the territory for the long-term.

The Ukrainian air force Sunday released footage that it said showed a strike on a bridge in southwestern Russia. Open-source analysts and Russian military bloggers said Ukrainian forces now had destroyed all three permanent bridges over the Seym River in the Kursk region.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    IMG_3827.png

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    In a dark room, deep in the Kremlin, Vladimir Putin opens a heavy wooden door.

"Who dares wake the man of steel?" An old decrepit figure asks curtly.

"It is me, Putin, Dear leader. I come to you in a time of great need"

"What is it you want" booms the frail mustached man.

"Comrade, Nazis are once again trying to take Kursk! What do we do?"

"Ah" sighs the man. "Simply send in the best Ukranian divisions, and ask the Americans for more tanks and money"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Ukraine destroys 3rd key bridge, threatening to cut off Russian troops, amid incursion, Russian military bloggers say

1724161834811.png

Ukraine has reportedly destroyed a third and last key bridge in an area of Russia's Kursk region, according to Russian military bloggers, inflicting a potentially significant blow on Moscow's struggling efforts to push back Ukraine's incursion there.

Ukraine and Russia have not officially confirmed the bridge has been destroyed.

The destruction of the third bridge over the Seym river at Karyzh would mean Russian troops on a broad stretch of the border beyond the river would now largely cut off, according to military analysts tracking the conflict.

Russian troops would be unable to receive significant re-supply or reinforcements, as Ukrainian troops move from the east, increasingly encircling them...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It's a Soviet-designed reactor that dates from the 60s, a half-assed design built by conscripted labor. I wouldn't slam a door in the control room too hard for fear of starting a meltdown. Hitting any part of that system, even power collection and transmission, is something I wouldn't risk. Plus, remember that sometimes smart munitions fail and turn dumb on their way to the target. Would you want to be the guy who accidentally took out the cooling system on a Soviet reactor and irradiated half of Europe? Or the one who gave the order for that attack.?

Remember, the Chernobyl disaster happened during a controlled shutdown, where lack of training in the staff plus serious design flaws in the reactor sent things straight to hell. Do you think the Kursk plant has better-trained personnel? Or that the reactor, which by all indications is exactly the same, doesn't have those same flaws? Once bombs start falling at the plant, what would be the first thing they'd try to do? A shutdown. In a panic, under pressure, and in a hurry. I suspect the Ukrainians are well aware of these factors.
    That is one opinion.

I just don't happen to share that level of concern over taking out the power collection and transmission system causing a radiation catastrophe.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Russian authorities struggled Tuesday to put out a massive fire in the southern Rostov region for a third consecutive day after an oil depot was hit by Ukrainian drones as Ukrainian forces push into Russia's Kursk region.
    The fire at the depot in the town of Proletarsk burned across an area of 10,000 square meters, according to Russian state news agencies. There are 500 firefighters involved in the operation, and 41 of them already have been hospitalized with injuries, according to the Russian state-owned news agency TASS, citing local officials.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Couple'a new kabooms today:

A Russian cargo ship loaded with railroad tank cars full of fuel:

And a Russian airbase 300 miles from the front lines:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Couple'a new kabooms today:

A Russian cargo ship loaded with railroad tank cars full of fuel:

And a Russian airbase 300 miles from the front lines:
    The videos of the airbase hits appear to show major damage/fires/explosions.

Top Bottom