• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Ukraine launched an armored incursion into Russia’s lightly defended Kursk Region in a surprise move early Tuesday that caused panic among civilians and forced Moscow to rush in additional troops.

Russia evacuated villages near the border as hundreds of Ukrainian troops pressed forward in fast-moving armored vehicles, according to Russian officials. Russia deployed army units, border guards and warplanes to counter Ukrainian units and said Wednesday it had halted Ukrainian forces. Russian war bloggers close to the Russian military said Ukraine seized several villages and advanced several miles in two directions. 1,000 Ukrainian troops had crossed the border in the early hours of Tuesday morning. Ukraine was sending in reserves to advance its attack while Russia would struggle to bring in additional forces from far away.

Ukrainian officials didn’t comment, but analysts said the move looked like a more-serious incursion than previous cross-border raids in other areas, which were carried out by lightly armed commandos who withdrew after a few days.

Possibly trying to force Russian troops to move from Pokrovsk area and relieve pressure there?
    1723057878104.jpeg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Lots of big talk from Russia, lots of unsubstantiated claims (and false accusations that the Ukrainians are in Russia committing the kinds of war crimes Russia committed in Ukraine), and lots of Ukrainians taking more and more territory in Russia and capturing lots of Russian POWs.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    More advancement seen today, Ibthink focused toward capturing the Kurskaya Atomic power plant which would be a powerful economic bargaining chip.

I suspect we will see a second attack into Rylsk, coming from the west to protect and improve the logistics of the assault. It would also encircle russian troops along almost 170km of the border.

4834188aea71e19eda4ab58cf9c7f93b.jpg
    56fa337f32a5fdfc10b10f97450b8290.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    No. It hasnt produced significant power sinces it was captured.

Then Ukraine could (probably should) take out the nuke generation plant. They don't have to hit the reactors, just take out the collection system, substation and transmission. Heck, if they actually capture it, get a crane and trucks and take the main power transformers back to Ukraine.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Then Ukraine could (probably should) take out the nuke generation plant. They don't have to hit the reactors, just take out the collection system, substation and transmission. Heck, if they actually capture it, get a crane and trucks and take the main power transformers back to Ukraine.
    I doubt they intend to destroy it, but capture it, shut down power to portions of russian hugely important to the economy and wait for negotiations.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Capture and shut down is infinitely preferable to destroying it and irradiating huge swaths of populated land...Even striking the infrastructure around the reactors would be a risk since these are shoddily designed Soviet/Russian reactors like the one at Chernobyl...the risks of which the Ukrainians are very familiar with.

For reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kursk_Nuclear_Power_Plant

"The structure of the Kursk I plant is almost identical to Chernobyl's structure having 2 first generation RBMK blocks followed by 2 second generation blocks."

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Capture and shut down is infinitely preferable to destroying it and irradiating huge swaths of populated land...Even striking the infrastructure around the reactors would be a risk since these are shoddily designed Soviet/Russian reactors like the one at Chernobyl...the risks of which the Ukrainians are very familiar with.

For reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kursk_Nuclear_Power_Plant

"The structure of the Kursk I plant is almost identical to Chernobyl's structure having 2 first generation RBMK blocks followed by 2 second generation blocks."
    Please read what I said - "They don't have to hit the reactors, just take out the collection system, substation and transmission."

That does not involve any radiation. You can take out the electrical system without harming the reactors. It does not take much to put the electrical system out of commission. A few well placed 50 BMG rounds would do it.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Interesting videos from incursion, including a knucklehead ruzzian reporter showing a ruzzian column moving, and shows a sign with exact location. I'm sure the Ukes appreciated the live intelligence information. :roflfunny:

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Khughes93
    Top Bottom