• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    what brings you down to these parts?
    Also there is a monthly rimfire steel challenge match at Willow Hole in North Zulch. It's loads of fun.
    We drove through there today, looking for the range. Where the GPS said it was supposed to be there was nothing. But a couple hundred yards away there was a driveway with a big pipe gate arch. Pretty much straight across from Bulldog wireline. Is my GPS on crack, or is it up that driveway? Didn't see a sign.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    We drove through there today, looking for the range. Where the GPS said it was supposed to be there was nothing. But a couple hundred yards away there was a driveway with a big pipe gate arch. Pretty much straight across from Bulldog wireline. Is my GPS on crack, or is it up that driveway? Didn't see a sign.
    Yep, it’s back in the middle of a cow pasture. Literally.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    It's tough to hear that someone did not instantly fall in love with Mr. Hamburger.... but then again, my standards for restaurants are pretty low. Pretty much every place that my family/friends think is trash is a place I think is amazing. A proper greasy spoon is what Mr. Hamburger is to me and I just love greasy spoon joints.

Most definitely get yourself a bike again!!!! Draw a circle 75-100 miles out from the center of Huntsville and go crazy inside the circle.

If you are looking for a bike, the folks at Big D and Jack Rabbit right there in Huntsville might be able to help. South of Huntsville there is Cycle Shack North on I45 and Motorcycles Unlimited on FM 1960.
    I stopped by both shops. Jackrabbit is huge, but there wasn't a bike in the whole building. Lots of quads and sxs though. Big D had several I liked. A new Drz400sm, a Tenere 700, and a couple naked bikes I have no business on.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Howdy ILexpatriot from Humble, TX. If you are interested there is a gun club called Ables Gun club and it is open to the public on Saturdays. I usually go there when I can to buy my shotgun flats or when my daughter competed during their tournaments. Most of the range is designed for sporting clays and five stand but they also have rifle and pistol bays.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Howdy ILexpatriot from Humble, TX. If you are interested there is a gun club called Ables Gun club and it is open to the public on Saturdays. I usually go there when I can to buy my shotgun flats or when my daughter competed during their tournaments. Most of the range is designed for sporting clays and five stand but they also have rifle and pistol bays.

We have a pile of steel and room to run here where we are. And mostly just go to ranges for steel challenge matches. But with Ables only being 15 min away, maybe we'll come play a bit. I'd looked at their membership and couldn't afford it while unemployed. But I might have to check out the Saturday if it's open for all..

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I w
    We have a pile of steel and room to run here where we are. And mostly just go to ranges for steel challenge matches. But with Ables only being 15 min away, maybe we'll come play a bit. I'd looked at their membership and couldn't afford it while unemployed. But I might have to check out the Saturday if it's open for all..
    I would join if my we lived closer but too far. I only go on ammo specific run like competition shotgun loads shopping or when we attend their tournaments. You should also check on Trinity Firearms in Cleveland which is a great for steel matches. I know it can be far from Huntsville but not too far and worth a weekend trip.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    As for bikes, I've been to cycleshack to pick up a 4 wheeler for my family. It's a nice place, but I'm generally not a dealership buyer. I've bought 2 new bikes in my life, and lost my ass on both of them. It all comes down to where I end up working. If I can get there without getting on 45, I'll probably have one fairly quickly.
    Hell, after Illinois, I'll be riding to work all winter long..
    Since I'm not smart enough to keep track of you and letsget86d and based on join dates alone, you are now:
    @letsget86d = Thing 1
    @ILexpatriot = Thing 2

Site staff will be changing the usernames shortly. :evil:

A lot of good bikes for sale here and the inventory is always changing. Just like TGT, TWT peeps keep others honest.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I w

I would join if my we lived closer but too far. I only go on ammo specific run like competition shotgun loads shopping or when we attend their tournaments. You should also check on Trinity Firearms in Cleveland which is a great for steel matches. I know it can be far from Huntsville but not too far and worth a weekend trip.

We spend the weekend in Porter pretty often. I believe that's a bit closer to Cleveland.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Since I'm not smart enough to keep track of you and letsget86d and based on join dates alone, you are now:
    @letsget86d = Thing 1
    @ILexpatriot = Thing 2

A lot of good bikes for sale here and the inventory is always changing. Just like TGT, TWT peeps keep others honest.
    That might not be all bad. I didn't realize what putting IL in my username would bring with it..

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    1726073514600.png

letsget86d

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2024
    Fort Bended Knee
    @letsget86d = Thing 1
    @ILexpatriot = Thing 2

Completely forgot about TWT. I bought my DRZ400S from someone on that forum. Decent people for sure.

Jtown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2024
    Conroe
    Yes it is. There is another range down the road called Thunder gun range but the owner is a total weirdo and all I can say is check him out at your own risk.
    I’ve been there once and for sure it was weird. Been looking to get into competitions and they’re the most active club in the area for USPSA. Have you heard anything about that?

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I’ve been there once and for sure it was weird. Been looking to get into competitions and they’re the most active club in the area for USPSA. Have you heard anything about that?
    I'm a hick, and as such was taught about guns, but not so much "gun safety". At least not safety as required in competition. We opted for a few seasons of Steel challenge since 95% of the time you shoot stationary. I ran a couple uspsa stages, and did alright. But it was nice to learn the requirements without having to think about moving too..
    As for Thunder, I've not been. My brother in law has, and he didn't mention anything amiss. But he has a pretty high BS tolerance..

Jtown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2024
    Conroe
    I'm a hick, and as such was taught about guns, but not so much "gun safety". At least not safety as required in competition. We opted for a few seasons of Steel challenge since 95% of the time you shoot stationary. I ran a couple uspsa stages, and did alright. But it was nice to learn the requirements without having to think about moving too..
    As for Thunder, I've not been. My brother in law has, and he didn't mention anything amiss. But he has a pretty high BS tolerance..
    Right on. I remember no rapid fire rules and not being able to change my own target. Wondering how the rules work for comps and if I could practice shooting on the move there.

All I’ve got access to are static ranges w bays. Wish I had some land but that’s what I got for now

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Right on. I remember no rapid fire rules and not being able to change my own target. Wondering how the rules work for comps and if I could practice shooting on the move there.

All I’ve got access to are static ranges w bays. Wish I had some land but that’s what I got for now
    Idk. I haven't been to a range here yet. But I know there were some suggestions on this thread that should apply to you as well..

Top Bottom