• ...and so much more!
  • echo1

"A free people should be armed and disciplined"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI
    Hi Gun Nuts,

Another forums photo shoot inspired me to get out my Paratroopers and do a quickie layout of factory Bubbas and close clones. There are some kinda unique units, such as import built blade rifles but on pinned chassis, and a very scarce KSI Hunter in wood, without the nowhere rail and inletting for it in the stock. That rifle also has importer installed NSTAR brake and CAPCO recoil pad option. The Navy Arms Cowboys Companion came to me in 2 different parts buys months apart from the same seller. It too has a different style CAPCO recoil pad option, slip-on screwed. I took the original Red Star scope off to save it for posterity. The 2 clones are KSI Hunters but had the nowhere rails and their matching numbered stocks inletted for the rails. Luckily both rails were attached with screws and easily removed. I had a KSI branded OD green Butler Creek, so I cloned a faux Parka Para. The other KSI Hunter went in a black Ramline (not KSI branded) to clone a Stealth Para. Neither of the clones are parked and I'm not spending the ducat$ to do it. They are actually cleaner than the factory jobs because of the rod guides being completely neutered. One Para I put a French tickler on because it matched the wood. Another Para I tried to put in a jungle stock (un-numbered wood) but couldn't get an acceptable fit or HG match. Anyway, these are them enjoy, PAX

I built a couple home-grown Paratrooper units using P50s and cut a couple to 18.5" and used just the front site globes.

Last edited:

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I regret selling the one I had, it was from the first batch that Val Forgett (Navy Arms) imported: shortened barrel and a scope rail for a military-style scope. Val and my late father were friends, Val called my father personally to sell him this 'factory experimental' rifle once it was stateside.
    I have one 'para' SKS now, a refurb Chinese I got a deal on at a gun show due to some missing parts - I got the parts and made it whole. Now I need to shoot it!

Eli

echo1

"A free people should be armed and disciplined"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI
    Nice fellas. I picked a Para from CO last December'23 (4th from top) for $450 + a DEW88, which was a good buy in today world. The SKS market has been all over the map country wide. At the beginning of the year, I got 2 '51 Russian Tulas, one from Houston $500, another out if OR, as issued $650. Great rifles at great prices. PAX

Top Bottom