• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Not all corona virus infections will produce positive COVID-19 test results. The tests look for sequences or structures that are not found on other viruses, so the tests are pretty specific. The PCR test is more accurate, but even when comparing the rapid antigen tests to PCR results, false positives (test indicating SARS-CoV-2 infection in patients who don't have the virus) occurred in only 30 of 10,000 patients included in the study. So, I think one can assume that the common cold won't test positive for COVID.
    So are you saying the test knows the difference? If they are that good at testing for Covid-19 and what is the latest version that seems to have the same symptoms as the cold, here's another one for you. What happened to the Flu in 2020/21?

RankAmateur

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New Braunfels
    So are you saying the test knows the difference? If they are that good at testing for Covid-19 and what is the latest version that seems to have the same symptoms as the cold, here's another one for you. What happened to the Flu in 2020/21?
    So, I think various things are being conflated here. Yes, the test knows the difference. The PCR test looks for genetic sequences that are very specific to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Influenza is not very closely related, so it is fairly easily differentiated. Some cold viruses are coronavirus (the same virus classification as SARS-CoV-2), but the common cold is actually caused by any of a couple of a hundred various virus kinds. The specific PCR test reagent (primers) do not look for coronavirus sequences (general genetic sequences common to the classification of coronaviruses), they look for sequences found in SARS-CoV-2. So, the COVID-19 PCR test doesn't "find" other coronaviruses (that would be considered false positive results). The rapid antigen test is less specific than PCR, but again, testing has shown less than 1% false positive results even with that test.

The symptoms caused by various viral infections can be very similar. Take for example the common cold caused by about 200 different viruses. No one can tell which cold virus is causing an individual's cold symptoms based on those symptoms. Different infection events with the same virus in the same individual will often cause different symptoms. It is not uncommon for subsequent infections with the same virus to cause milder symptoms as you have developed some immunity from the first infection event. As previously mentioned by someone in this thread, it is a common expectation that the virus itself mutates to cause milder symptoms over time, and there is good evolutionary reasoning for that trend. Certainly, "mild" viruses can ALSO mutate to be MORE virulent or cause more drastic symptoms as well, but that is less common. So, I don't think there is any relationship between more recent SARS-CoV-2 infections causing milder (cold-like) symptoms and any relationship to the common cold. I think the virus has just been evolving to a milder state lately.

Your question about influenza is interesting, and I've wondered the same thing. Again, there is no relationship between Influenza and SARS-CoV-2, and there is no GOOD rationale that would explain COVID-19 eliminating Influenza. Sorry, no answer for you there. I will say that MOST people do not get tested for influenza, so during a period where the government, medical institutions/providers, insurance providers, media, etc. were all HEAVILY incentivized to call everything COVID-19 (we've all aware of the cases of deaths due to gunshot or traffic accident or etc. that were assigned as COVID-19 deaths). It's reasonable to presume that one significant cause of the reported decline in flu might be that those cases were PRESUMED to be COVID-19 when they weren't. Again, just speculation.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Your question about influenza is interesting, and I've wondered the same thing. Again, there is no relationship between Influenza and SARS-CoV-2, and there is no GOOD rationale that would explain COVID-19 eliminating Influenza. Sorry, no answer for you there. I will say that MOST people do not get tested for influenza, so during a period where the government, medical institutions/providers, insurance providers, media, etc. were all HEAVILY incentivized to call everything COVID-19 (we've all aware of the cases of deaths due to gunshot or traffic accident or etc. that were assigned as COVID-19 deaths). It's reasonable to presume that one significant cause of the reported decline in flu might be that those cases were PRESUMED to be COVID-19 when they weren't. Again, just speculation.
    2019–2020 season was moderate with an estimated 35 million people sick with flu, 16 million visits to a health care provider for flu, 390,000 hospitalizations for flu, and 25,000 flu deaths in the U.S.

So obviously there were some that were tested and I assume they were good enough to figure it was the Flu. Excuse me if I'm a bit skeptic of covid-19 tests when they are still pushing a so called vaccine.

RankAmateur

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New Braunfels
    2019–2020 season was moderate with an estimated 35 million people sick with flu, 16 million visits to a health care provider for flu, 390,000 hospitalizations for flu, and 25,000 flu deaths in the U.S.

So obviously there were some that were tested and I assume they were good enough to figure it was the Flu. Excuse me if I'm a bit skeptic of covid-19 tests when they are still pushing a so called vaccine.
    You have every right to that opinion. It is shared by millions. In a setting where confirmed cases of COVID have a few days of flu-like symptoms, why would vaccination boosters be mandatory? Is influenza vaccination mandatory? The decision to take or not take an annual flu vaccine is up to each individual, as should be the decision to take COVID vaccine boosters - ESPECIALLY in the face of proof that the vaccine does NOT prevent infection.

I'm just reacting to the connection between COVID tests and the pushing of the vaccine. Just like an influenza test, it may tell you what infection you have when you are feeling under the weather. the COVID-19 vaccine is not a treatment. When you have the infection, even if you are not showing symptoms, administering the vaccine is useless. So, there is no direct link between a positive test, and then having to get the vaccine. Falsely reporting test-positive cases of COVID could be used by media/government/etc. to push the "value" of vaccination, but that is irrelevant to you or me as individuals. Choose to get vaccinated or not. Regardless of that, the accuracy/validity of a positive diagnostic test is a completely separate issue.

This thread is in the politics area of TGT. I've been trying to insert some clarity around the testing, and fear this has diverged from a political discussion. If so, I apologize to TGT members. I hope some of this has been useful to members.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm suspecting it's more playing on the fears of the uninformed. I don't remember having home testing for any viruses before C-19. Masking is still a thing for many, even though they have proved mostly ineffective, and could be detrimental to your health.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    I am in the metroplex for a few days. Saw a couple of POCs wearing masks today, WTF? I have not seen this in many months, like 10 months or better. Is there something special with POCs going on?

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    <>

We know, but we realized way too late.

The governments of the World LIED.

Our own “experts” LIED.

Media LIED.

Our hospital administrators LIED.

<>
    Perhaps you and some others realized too late. But all it took was some individual critical thinking from the very beginning to see through the lies by rational people like myself and my family. It was evident and simple from the start. I can cite very specific examples 'til the cows come home.

Hopefully, this has been a lesson to those who took the proverbial bait.....or at least that's my hope.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    We know, but we realized way too late.

The governments of the World LIED.

Our own “experts” LIED.

Media LIED.

Our hospital administrators LIED.

I give you great credit for writing that. It is seldom easy to admit when you were wrong/duped. Even if you did know early on and had been a vocal opponent, they were crucifying professionals who didn't spout the mantra. Administrators were rewarded handsomely for reporting deaths as covid-related.

It must have been very difficult for medical professionals when they realized science took a back seat to globalist agenda. Decades of trust went out the window. Many older and wiser med professionals just resigned and retired taking their accumulated wisdom with them.

I had a small sampling of the grief with my own family. Tomorrow marks the 4th anniversary of my father's death from the vax. He had TAVR- pig valve placed in his heart, and I heavily discouraged the experimental shot for him. It was me against my entire family, some were medical professionals educated at Johns Hopkins (ground zero for propaganda). I lost that argument and he clotted.

None of my family speak to me to this day over that cluster. I guess the tactic of Divide and Conquer still works as well as it ever did.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I give you great credit for writing that. It is seldom easy to admit when you were wrong/duped. Even if you did know early on and had been a vocal opponent, they were crucifying professionals who didn't spout the mantra. Administrators were rewarded handsomely for reporting deaths as covid-related.

It must have been very difficult for medical professionals when they realized science took a back seat to globalist agenda. Decades of trust went out the window. Many older and wiser med professionals just resigned and retired taking their accumulated wisdom with them.

I had a small sampling of the grief with my own family. Tomorrow marks the 4th anniversary of my father's death from the vax. He had TAVR- pig valve placed in his heart, and I heavily discouraged the experimental shot for him. It was me against my entire family, some were medical professionals educated at Johns Hopkins (ground zero for propaganda). I lost that argument and he clotted.

None of my family speak to me to this day over that cluster. I guess the tactic of Divide and Conquer still works as well as it ever did.
    Wow......I have such a similar story, also about my father. Too late to respond for me. But posting this as just a reminder to do so.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Perhaps you and some others realized too late. But all it took was some individual critical thinking from the very beginning to see through the lies by rational people like myself and my family. It was evident and simple from the start. I can cite very specific examples 'til the cows come home.

Hopefully, this has been a lesson to those who took the proverbial bait.....or at least that's my hope.
    With each new hysteria mandate, I would go back and research the topic (e.g., masks). I would start in 2019, so that none of the current propaganda/lies would be in the research materials. And that made it very evident that the hysteria measures were not backed by real science. Rather, they were just reactions to "government, do something!"

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

<>

I retired in Spring 2019.

COVID hit our World in late January 2020. Its earliest appearance in China was in August or September 2019.

So, not me !

But, even our experts took a while to figure it out.

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    So, I think various things are being conflated here. Yes, the test knows the difference. The PCR test looks for genetic sequences that are very specific to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Influenza is not very closely related, so it is fairly easily differentiated. Some cold viruses are coronavirus (the same virus classification as SARS-CoV-2), but the common cold is actually caused by any of a couple of a hundred various virus kinds. The specific PCR test reagent (primers) do not look for coronavirus sequences (general genetic sequences common to the classification of coronaviruses), they look for sequences found in SARS-CoV-2. So, the COVID-19 PCR test doesn't "find" other coronaviruses (that would be considered false positive results). The rapid antigen test is less specific than PCR, but again, testing has shown less than 1% false positive results even with that test.

The symptoms caused by various viral infections can be very similar. Take for example the common cold caused by about 200 different viruses. No one can tell which cold virus is causing an individual's cold symptoms based on those symptoms. Different infection events with the same virus in the same individual will often cause different symptoms. It is not uncommon for subsequent infections with the same virus to cause milder symptoms as you have developed some immunity from the first infection event. As previously mentioned by someone in this thread, it is a common expectation that the virus itself mutates to cause milder symptoms over time, and there is good evolutionary reasoning for that trend. Certainly, "mild" viruses can ALSO mutate to be MORE virulent or cause more drastic symptoms as well, but that is less common. So, I don't think there is any relationship between more recent SARS-CoV-2 infections causing milder (cold-like) symptoms and any relationship to the common cold. I think the virus has just been evolving to a milder state lately.

<>

To the best of my knowledge, all COVID “tests’’ are highly unreliable to the point of being useless.

<>

Top Bottom