• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RankAmateur

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New Braunfels
    Does anybody get the flu anymore? I can remember the flu was critical to those infirmed, unwell or at an advanced age. And, isn’t the Flu a Corona virus? Last I heard, the test kits can’t test for particular strains, so how do we even know they can differential between the flu bug of 5 years ago and the Covid of today? Just wondering if any of these cases of Covid are really just the flu
    Influenza is not a coronavirus. Both contain RNA, but one is a negative-sense code and the other is a positive-sense code. Other than the facts that they both contain RNA and both infect mammals, they are fairly dissimilar.

Both the rapid lab test and the PCR tests for COVID can distinguish between SARS-CoV-2 and other related corona viruses, and they have no problem differentiating between influenza and coronavirus. So, you should have no concerns that flu is mistakenly identified by COVID tests or vice versa.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    RA,

At this point, I don't trust 'any' test results for the 'rona'.

Hey folks, test results for the 'rona' means you have to go back to complying with our edicts, now get that mask back on and do as we say...you scum sucking peasants...

Last edited:

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Does anybody get the flu anymore? I can remember the flu was critical to those infirmed, unwell or at an advanced age. And, isn’t the Flu a Corona virus? Last I heard, the test kits can’t test for particular strains, so how do we even know they can differential between the flu bug of 5 years ago and the Covid of today? Just wondering if any of these cases of Covid are really just the flu
    You doubting the little Chinese boogers who sold the potato and his minions the China-flu test kits who not make them just perfect? Is the goobermint still sending out free China-flu test kits (made in China for irony?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    RA,

At this point, I don't trust 'any' test results for the 'rona'.

Hey folks, test results for the 'rona' means you have to go back to complying with our edicts, now get that mask back on and do as we say...you scum sucking peasants...
    I am not sure why most folks would bother testing. Perhaps the vulnerable, but not anyone else.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    How do yall keep getting covid? 5 times? Can't stop licking door knobs? I may have had it once. I was never tested to become a statistic, so I'll never know. I treated it like the flu. It felt like the flu. Couple of days and gone.
    I got you covered. 2nd time I had it I had 3 tests run in 2 days, at two different locations.
    - quck test - Negative
    - long PCR (at same time as quick) - Positive
    - long PCR (2 days later, different place) - Positive

So I know I got counted as 2 cases at least. LOL. And no.. I don't trust any of the tests, especially the quick ones. The entire Wu-Flu plandemic.. what a way to line the pockets of DNC donors.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    How do yall keep getting covid? 5 times? Can't stop licking door knobs? I may have had it once. I was never tested to become a statistic, so I'll never know. I treated it like the flu. It felt like the flu. Couple of days and gone.
    I have decided that I am a virtual germ magnet. First time (the real deal) a church member brought it home from Cali. Almost everyone in our small church got it. One guy was on a ventilator in the hospital (survived). Second time, I got it at my workplace, even though we were masked at the time. Third: no recall. Fourth: got it from my parents, who used Paxlovid to beat it (side note: my dad's prescription cost $0; Mom's $1450). Fifth: not sure, but if it's coof, this one is very mild. Just some congestion and it seems way better today.

Licking doorknobs? C'mon, man!

PS - I have never tested positive. A couple of those instances, the symptoms came on after exposure to someone who HAD tested positive. As I lost my sense of smell that first time and was sick for over two weeks, I had no doubt.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I am not sure why most folks would bother testing. Perhaps the vulnerable, but not anyone else.
    I kind of agree. Test isn’t going to make you feel better and it’s not going to fix you either. If you have a fever then you are probably contagious anyway.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I hated when co-workers came in sick, I always thought it's better to pay someone to stay home. I'm talking about the 80's working in an office.
    2 problems

1. Someone always takes advantage and ruins a good thing.

2. I still hear a football coach/dad calling me a pussy for not just dealing with whatever, so I pretty much have to be dead to not show up.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    2 problems

1. Someone always takes advantage and ruins a good thing.

2. I still hear a football coach/dad calling me a pussy for not just dealing with whatever, so I pretty much have to be dead to not show up.
    Agree. We have folks who take them as “mental health days” and others who seem to only be sick on Fridays or Mondays. It does ruin it for everyone else, because in the back of my mind I wonder if mgt thinks I’m making it up when I really am sick.

Top Bottom