• ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Buuuttt buuutt i own them i just want you to touch them once so when i drop them err i mean in case they are sotolen you can verify they are mine

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Just got the mag back in the mail. After I dug all of the dog shit out of it, it appears in good working order. I'll have some time to mess with it tomorrow.

Thanks a bunch TRN!

Josh Smith

Smith-Sights LLC
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Wabash IN
    I've been having a very intermittent problem with my Kimber Pro-Carry (go figure). Sometimes the trigger sticks back after firing, it doesn't reset. I'll fire a round and when I go to fire again nothing happens because the trigger is already back.

I just took it apart and and took some pictures so maybe ya'll can help me. The only thing I can think to do is polish everywhere I have rub marks.

DSC01235.jpg

DSC01236.jpg

DSC01237.jpg

The worst is on the inside of the bow. It looks like it's where the mag rubs going in and out.
    DSC01242.jpg

In the frame you can see with the trigger all of the way forward, that rub mark lines up with the one on the frame.
    DSC01244.jpg

I quit carrying it now because I just can't trust it.

Anybody have a clue as to how to fix this?

Hello,

There are rub marks on the shoe itself. Dollars to donuts the trigger is too wide or the frame is too narrow. It happens.

As well, though it may be the picture, the slack limiting tabs are too far out and that will cause a trigger to hang, especially if the sear spring is weak or fatigued.

I do not like triggers with tabs for this reason. An Ed Brown Videki (Ed Brown Videki National Match Trigger 1911 Aluminum Silver) trigger or a Greider Precision Videki (what I like; found here: GREIDER PRECISION 1911 AUTO V-SERIES MATCH TRIGGER - Brownells ) will probably solve your problem. You may think about grabbing a channel polishing stone as well. They are worth it.

Josh

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    We figured it out. It was the trigger. We installed the Wilson but the screw is stripped and it's not adjusted properly so I still need to fix that. It doesn't stick anymore though.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom