• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I've been having a very intermittent problem with my Kimber Pro-Carry (go figure). Sometimes the trigger sticks back after firing, it doesn't reset. I'll fire a round and when I go to fire again nothing happens because the trigger is already back.

I just took it apart and and took some pictures so maybe ya'll can help me. The only thing I can think to do is polish everywhere I have rub marks.

DSC01235.jpg

DSC01236.jpg

DSC01237.jpg

The worst is on the inside of the bow. It looks like it's where the mag rubs going in and out.
    DSC01242.jpg

In the frame you can see with the trigger all of the way forward, that rub mark lines up with the one on the frame.
    DSC01244.jpg

I quit carrying it now because I just can't trust it.

Anybody have a clue as to how to fix this?
    ARJ Defense ad

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx
    Don't just go polishing because you've got some compound. You'll dig your self into a nice hole.

I'm thinking your sear spring needs to be replaced. But, we might as well look at other things.

Does the trigger, with nothing else in the gun (like you've pictured) move freely with no lubrication or does it bind up? Is your disconnector gouging the back of the trigger bow (where the sear/disconnector sit)?

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    How long do sear springs usually last? I've got about 1500 rounds on this one.

The trigger moves freely by itself in the frame, but when I install the mag release, slide and a full mag it binds up. Not much, but there is friction.

The only marks I see on the back of the trigger bow are from the sear spring.
    DSC01254.jpg

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    You can get a die from Brownells for the trigger bow. It will straighten the bow and make it not bind on the mags. Also you can get a trigger track stone to smooth the track in the frame. The marks on your bow rear look like the paddle on the disconector. That is fine. While sear springs seldom wear out, replacing it is cheap enough and if you do, I suggest the Colt spring. It is what the top gunsmiths use. You might just need to add tension on the left leg of the sear spring and or make sure it is installed properly.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Thanks ya'll. I just compared my spring to a pic of a new one from google. It is worn out I guess. I think instead of adding tension, I'll just buy a new one so I don't screw anything up.

DSC01255.jpg

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx
    You can do a lot of tuning with that spring. You could probably safely add tension but there's a good chance it will add trigger weight. I play with my springs a lot to get the trigger just how I want it. An aggressive re-set with around 3lbs of pull.

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx
    You want to adjust them equally if you do anything. If you have a trigger pull gauge you can really set it up. If your finger is calibrated set it up to give you about 16oz on the Disconnector Spring and 32oz on the Sear Spring.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Well you talked me out of tweaking it. :p

Does it matter what brand I get? A Wolff recoil spring did wonders for this pistol so I thought about getting their sear spring. The Colt spring has already been recommended, what's your preference?

What will this do to my trigger weight? I love how light it is now.

Top Bottom