• TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    That's really cool of you TR.

Thanks - but the way I see it, it's cool of BOTH of us - he's trustin' me to check it out an' return it, and I get a real-time chance to check something out, tinker with it, and (hopefully) fix it for someone, thereby increasing my own skills for working and troubleshooting MY guns!

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    My guess is the tube on the Kimber mag with the Wolf extra power spring is expanding when under loaded. This could be caused by the spring compression power, or a weak/damaged tube. Check the weld seam carefully.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    My guess is the tube on the Kimber mag with the Wolf extra power spring is expanding when under loaded. This could be caused by the spring compression power, or a weak/damaged tube. Check the weld seam carefully.

Nope....Orbit an' I spoke last night after I did some measurin' - there's nothin' wrong w/this mag. It's a tad wider than some of mine, but matches width to others I own - and I tested his mag (empty AND loaded) in about a dozen different .45's, none of which exhibitted ANY sort of trigger drag.

We're thinkin' it may be another issue, which he's gonna check into, an' we'll go from there.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    I don't know crap about 1911's, but I found this on another site:

Problem: Customer stated that after major cleaning and overhaul, trigger periodically failed to reset. Also, mag failed to drop free.

Solution: Detail stripped frame. Noticed odd buildup of hard material in trigger channel. Cleaned trigger channel with picks. Customer had used loctite on loose bushing. Some had dripped into the trigger channel and combined with oil and carbon residue to form hard mass. After cleaning, pistol was 100%

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I don't know crap about 1911's, but I found this on another site:

Problem: Customer stated that after major cleaning and overhaul, trigger periodically failed to reset. Also, mag failed to drop free.

Solution: Detail stripped frame. Noticed odd buildup of hard material in trigger channel. Cleaned trigger channel with picks. Customer had used loctite on loose bushing. Some had dripped into the trigger channel and combined with oil and carbon residue to form hard mass. After cleaning, pistol was 100%

That's what TRN said to check. I have recently installed oversized bushings because the frame was stripped out. I have cleaned the channels out the last 2 times I tore it down recently but there is something stuck to the frame next to the bushing. I don't have time to mess with it more now, but I bet that's the problem. It could be causing the mag to bulge on the other side and contact the trigger bow.

DSC01506.jpg

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I got that spot of what I think is loctite. It's hard to believe that small could cause problems like that. Of course I won't know for sure until I get that mag back.

Top Bottom