• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Actually, its a great argument... cars are where I saw most guns stolen... please just leave it at home if you're going to disarm for a planned excursion.

I highly recommend carrying everywhere you legally can, its just a car is a HORRIBLE place to leave a gun

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Well, other contents in your car be stolen, pawned and the cash used to buy a gun. Do you leave your car entirely empty?

Your car could be stolen and some of the proceeds used for guns. Do you carry your car inside everywhere you go?

Your home could be broken into and guns stolen. Maybe you should not have any guns left at home.

I am not responsible for what some crook may do.

I am not going to drive around with no gun in the car just because I will get out of my car and leave a gun in it for a bit.

Enough off topic.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I heard "Drop it! Drop it!" and then the first person got shot...

Fight, flight or freeze... he unfortunately froze. Not a knock on him personally, but a consequence of training and poor mindset.

It sadly reminded me of the Trooper Vetter video...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Nonsense. Watch the video. The first person shot was in the act of drawing. He was having trouble getting his pistol out. He did not freeze. That is a slander on a very brave man.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Outstanding job. Really everyone in that church did great. They, or some at least, obviously practiced or at a minimum made and discussed a plan.

Now since every incident is a learning tool, they obviously knew something was up by their positioning. The instant the guy stood up it was obvious something wasnt right. People need to always be suspicious of strangers in strange places dressed strange.

Listen to your gut. You can apologize later.

You dont have to close your eyes and bow your head to pray. Cowards dont start crap when everyone is looking at them.

Yes hindsight is razor sharp. Those folks did superbly in that situation and learning from it confirms all the correct things they did. Also look around thru the church and the actions of the other members. Study the dress and actions of the shooter. Learning gives some meaning to loss.

These shooters are cowards. The more they are dropped instantly the more they will question if a soft target really exists anymore.

There will still be bat shit crazy evil and you can only stop that by killing it.

ETA. Like was mentioned, everyone needs practicing drawing from concealment. Everyone!

Also I suggest you commit to concealed carry by dressing around your weapon not trying to fit your weapon to your clothes and always carry the same gun in the same position. "Rotating" like some folks like to do will kill you. Watch someone reach for a gun that isnt there when they need it cause they tossed a gun in a pocket cause it was hot and you will figure it out.

I'm not saying that to start an arguement with folks that carry different guns or in different places. First rule is have it when you need it. I'm saying the life you save may be your own or one even more important to you.

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Reviewing the video makes me think what would be an appropriate carry rig for occasions that require semi-formal dress(such as church, or say a wedding)?
    You couldn't pull off OWB or even IWB without a jacket.
    The jacket makes it much more difficult.
    Pocket carry works but really restricts one to a small gun.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Reviewing the video makes me think what would be an appropriate carry rig for occasions that require semi-formal dress(such as church, or say a wedding)?

I often have a hammerless J-Frame in pocket and a Glock on belt.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Step 1: buy a Glock

I carry a G27 IWB with a jacket. Or I leave my shirt untucked. People will get over the untucked shirt. I like carrying in a suit better than most any other way because the gun is only covered by a jacket.

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    Even before this shooting, I’ve recently been considering a shoulder holster because I frequently have to wear a sports jacket.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I sometimes carry a small 9mm with a CT laser in an ankle holster that works with some Ariat boots I usually wear. It's not a fast option but it does give me the option of ducking down to draw. Really the only practical way to carry if you happen to wear a robe.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW

Small gun is better than no gun or not going anywhere where a gun might be frowned upon.

Glock 43, Kimber Micro 9 both give you 7+1 plus 8 in a spare mag and if 16 rounds of nine mill won't get you out of the jam you're in idk how another 15 would.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This scenario is exceedingly difficult for churches. The "outcast" or "different" person often needs to be in church. We don't want to make them unwelcome. I have seen lives changed and people come out of terrible circumstances. And telling the difference between a different person and a different person intent on causing harm is not always easy.

Perhaps the best solution is making the security team aware and having an alert security team member at the ready and at an appropriate distance?

Thoughts?

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY
    Top Bottom