• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    At church this morning, I noticed those who carry were more strategically placed. Good to see.

I would say someone from the official or unofficial security team should vet any visitors by being sure to cautiously talk to them. Genuine visitors usually want to be talked to and welcomed. People who are there to start trouble would not appreciate that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    A PhD/Doctorate in one area doesn’t mean anything for other areas.

Doctors are smart but generally are terrible businessmen, as an example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

well, to be fair, it probably implies a level of intelligence that could be transferred to permit gains in some other areas of learning if the person applied themselves.

I mean not transferring 100 percent, but if I’ve got a masters In psychology I ought to be able to succeed in fields that require similar skills sets for learning .

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    . Genuine visitors usually want to be talked to and welcomed.

Not necessarily. I hate it when I visit a Church and get overwhelmed with people coming up to me. I would just like to hear the sermon and enjoy the service. I like to be left alone until I determine if I feel comfortable at the Church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Not necessarily. I hate it when I visit a Church and get overwhelmed with people coming up to me. I would just like to hear the sermon and enjoy the service. I like to be left alone until I determine if I feel comfortable at the Church.

Indeed. There's a running meme on The Babylon Bee about introverts hiding from the greeters at church.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    We went to a church once. Never went back to it. Everyone wore name tags. Visitors had to put on one of those hello my name is tags. I suppose at some point all churches might resort to this. This was about 15 years ago. Well ahead of all the shootings and increased security details.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    I would agree not a lot of people need to bombard a visitor, but seems a good practice for one person to have a word with them. I could see how visitors could be overwhelmed, but my thought was to make sure no one comes in unnoticed to shoot people.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    A church is the people within it.
    It’s a place for fellowship and love, where we can worship together.

I would hope that any stranger, or any active member, would have some fellowship with someone else if they attend a service. Be it in the name of prayer, worship, a simple greeting, or sizing them up for potential danger.

If someone, anyone, has enough gumption to get outta bed and attend a service, then they shouldn’t be left isolated.

There are YouTube vids for folks who want to worship alone.

Just my opinion, walking the religious tightrope on TGT...don’t ban me, bro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    A church is the people within it.
    It’s a place for fellowship and love, where we can worship together.

I would hope that any stranger, or any active member, would have some fellowship with someone else if they attend a service. Be it in the name of prayer, worship, a simple greeting, or sizing them up for potential danger.

If someone, anyone, has enough gumption to get outta bed and attend a service, then they shouldn’t be left isolated.

There are YouTube vids for folks who want to worship alone.

Just my opinion, walking the religious tightrope on TGT...don’t ban me, bro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m an introvert who works in sales. I get worn out having to talk to people all week. So, it’s easy for me to get overwhelmed by social engagements which don’t include alcohol.

Thankfully, Church shootings are still incredibly rare. I think people carrying so they can protect themselves and church security teams are the right idea.

Just don’t chase off the introverts who’d like to come and worship. There are more of us than you think, because we’re quiet.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      39.4 KB · Views: 502

MrOrangeVest

Troublemaker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Texas
    Does it bother anyone else how quickly and how much Jack Wilson has talked to the media? I thought rule #1 after being involved in a shooting was avoid public discussion, followed by talk through your lawyer.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does it bother anyone else how quickly and how much Jack Wilson has talked to the media? I thought rule #1 after being involved in a shooting was avoid public discussion, followed by talk through your lawyer.
    Good point. I dont think mr Wilson is an ordinary man, with ordinary ties. I think he's deeply vetted in things of this nature.

YMMV

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    As long as you know what to say and how to say it your fine.

Most people do not know what to say or how to say it <even if they think they do> and will talk themselves into a conviction.

So its best to say nothing

Top Bottom