• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Learning from the incident is one thing, and an important one; but criticizing those involved is completely different matter!

I hope every one of us takes away several valuable lessons from seeing that video, but anyone who Monday morning quarterbacks the actions of those involved from the comfort and anonymity of their computer is a jackass!
    Guns International

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    What I learned is he had a pump shot gun so duck and cover for 6 rounds then shoot his ass.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    That is a law outside of the Constitution. Not part of the Constitution. If I am wrong, please show me where it says you ever lose any Rights for breaking a Law.

13th Amendment:

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Nonsense. It only forbids cruel and unusual punishment.

No you have not chosen that. Congress chose that in 1968. If felons are going to be prohibited from carry guns, than there is no such thing as Constitutional Carry in the USA.
    So you think that the government can just incarcerate any person? You are wrong. Try to find a correct means of making your point.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So you think that the government can just incarcerate any person? You are wrong. Try to find a correct means of making your point.

have no idea WTF you are talking about. YOU are the one who made the FALSE claim the Constitution forbid incarceration. As pointed out above, it specifically allows it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    have no idea WTF you are talking about. YOU are the one who made the FALSE claim the Constitution forbid incarceration. As pointed out above, it specifically allows it.
    Incarceration of innocent citizens. You have a reading comprehension issue.

You think the government can just incarcerate anyone it wishes? Yes or no? Direct answer, no misdirection.

My original point is that felons give up rights. There is right for an innocent citizen not to be incarcerated. A felon surrenders that right.

If you want to defend the right of Charles Manson (were he to have been released) to possess a firearm, have at it.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague

You think the government can just incarcerate anyone it wishes? Yes or no? Direct answer, no misdirection.
    The answer is yes, and they have. Im sure there are a multitude of singular examples but the Japanese round up comes to immediate mind.

Are they SUPPOSED to? No, but they do.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

My original point is that felons give up rights. There is right for an innocent citizen not to be incarcerated. A felon surrenders that right.

If you want to defend the right of Charles Manson (were he to have been released) to possess a firearm, have at it.

You must have me confused with someone else's post. I have made no comments in this thread about incarceration, other than to point out your claim the Constitution forbids it is false. Now you are insinuating I am defending the rights of Charles Manson? Get some help dude.

Jeez.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You must have me confused with someone else's post. I have made no comments in this thread about incarceration, other than to point out your claim the Constitution forbids it is false. Now you are insinuating I am defending the rights of Charles Manson? Get some help dude.

Jeez.
    Can't maintain focus or follow , can you.

You believe that felons should have all the constitutional rights enshrined in the Second Amendment - no one should ever "be debarred the use of arms". Those are YOUR words, not mine

When I mentioned that felons choose to surrender some rights, you disagreed. To prove that point wrong, I brought up incarceration. An innocent citizen has the right not to be incarcerated at the government's whim. A felon surrenders the right not to be incarcerated. As another poster pointed out, this is enshrined in the Constitution.

You want felons to have the right to bear arms (again, that is your view - not mine). Okay. So since you think felons should have the right to bear arms, you must think it would be okay for Charles Manson (a felon) to bear arms if he were to be released.

If you cannot follow that simple logic chain, I can't help you.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Can't maintain focus or follow , can you.

You believe that felons should have all the constitutional rights enshrined in the Second Amendment - no one should ever "be debarred the use of arms". Those are YOUR words, not mine

When I mentioned that felons choose to surrender some rights, you disagreed. To prove that point wrong, I brought up incarceration. An innocent citizen has the right not to be incarcerated at the government's whim. A felon surrenders the right not to be incarcerated. As another poster pointed out, this is enshrined in the Constitution.

You want felons to have the right to bear arms (again, that is your view - not mine). Okay. So since you think felons should have the right to bear arms, you must think it would be okay for Charles Manson (a felon) to bear arms if he were to be released.

If you cannot follow that simple logic chain, I can't help you.

Yes, I think "shall not be infringed", actually means "shall not be infringed".

How that gets to the incarceration is forbidden under the Constitution, I do not know.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    13th Amendment:

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
    That has nothing to do with taking away a felon's rights after they have been released from court ordered incarceration or court supervision.
    Supposedly, when you are released you are a free citizen again. Due ALL the protections of the Constitution as any other. The restrictions on felons having weapons, as well as other restrictions over the years, are ALL the results of LAWS. Not the Constitution. IIRC, the only restrictions in the Constitution restrict holding public office.
    Restricting IIRC, most of that started in the 1930s. Until then, you were considered to have paid for your crimes in full and your rights restored.
    Yes, I think "shall not be infringed", actually means "shall not be infringed".

How that gets to the incarceration is forbidden under the Constitution, I do not know.
    Like it or not, good or bad, that is what it says.
    Again, please show me the part that says any of your rights are forfeit after your conviction is served.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    That has nothing to do with taking away a felon's rights after they have been released from court ordered incarceration or court supervision.

You said: "please show me where it says you ever lose any Rights for breaking a Law."

I did.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You said: "please show me where it says you ever lose any Rights for breaking a Law."

I did.

What you posted prohibits slavery. The Constitution is silent on whether you can lose rights after you have served your sentence. As nobody has made an effective argument it is "cruel and unusual", Congress and states started doing it in the mid-late 20th century.

Top Bottom