• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Gunmagwarehouse and others often have M&P mags on sale for $20. I used to try to grab 5 at a time here and there. Finally pretty stocked up..
    Ill have to check that out.. the only M&P I have right now is a Competitor and it is awesome. I have always hesitated in investing in the M&Ps to the same level as I do with Glock because I see no difference in how well I shoot either brand.

But I am going to buy one of these or one of these (if I can find one when I am ready to buy). Glock need to start putting their performance trigger on the gen 5s from the factory.. that would get them close to how good the m&p flat trigger is

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Ill have to check that out.. the only M&P I have right now is a Competitor and it is awesome. I have always hesitated in investing in the M&Ps to the same level as I do with Glock because I see no difference in how well I shoot either brand.

But I am going to buy one of these or one of these (if I can find one when I am ready to buy). Glock need to start putting their performance trigger on the gen 5s from the factory.. that would get them close to how good the m&p flat trigger is
    I used an old curved trigger M&P 2.0 compact for steel challenge till it got stolen. I bought a Shield plus with the flat and never replaced the 2.0. I shot the Shield for steel challenge for one whole season, and did about the same as I had with the slightly larger 2.0
    The flat is ok, but I don't see a lot of difference on the timer. I have an Apex trigger for it laying here, but haven't bothered yet.
    I'd expected to see a lot higher times with the smaller gun, but I was a solid C class before, and remained a solid C class after..

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I used an old curved trigger M&P 2.0 compact for steel challenge till it got stolen. I bought a Shield plus with the flat and never replaced the 2.0. I shot the Shield for steel challenge for one whole season, and did about the same as I had with the slightly larger 2.0
    The flat is ok, but I don't see a lot of difference on the timer. I have an Apex trigger for it laying here, but haven't bothered yet.
    I'd expected to see a lot higher times with the smaller gun, but I was a solid C class before, and remained a solid C class after..
    I hated the old curved trigger, the flat one is working out better for me.. The only downside is that ten miles worth of take up before the break. I know an apex would solve that but I really fking hate spending ~$200 to get a different trigger.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I hated the old curved trigger, the flat one is working out better for me.. The only downside is that ten miles worth of take up before the break. I know an apex would solve that but I really fking hate spending ~$200 to get a different trigger.
    If they would interchange (they won't). I'd happily swap you.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I bought the Apex because a pin walked out of my flat trigger. I talked to smith about it, and their only answer was send it back. I told them no thank you, then bought the Apex. It has since walked out once more, but it only happens on lloooong strings of fire, like a match. Maybe after I pick up a bodyguard 2.0, I'll take the time to swap it in. But since I left most of my guns back home, I hate to put my main carry out of service.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I don't discriminate.......I like all guns
    I do too... It just took a timer and someone keeping score to realize that some people aren't built to shoot some as well as others. Personally, I wanted to be a 1911 guy. I can shoot them, but they don't really fit me.
    Then I bought the first Glock someone offered me. Same problem.
    Then I tried an M&P and the ergos are just right for me.
    And once I found what I can carry comfortably, and shoot fast and accurately, I see no reason to change.
    I'd hope everyone would do the same. But I'm currently arguing with my boy about the same issue. He HAS to have the Sig M18 because "that's what the military uses". I ask him questions about ergos, and the trigger, etc. None of that matters MILITARY...

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Shoot what works for you.. Are you suggesting that I should carry something that I can't shoot as accurately just so I can say I carry a Glock?

<>

No, not at all; carry what you prefer. All carry gun have disadvantages & advantages. Some are individual.

For me, I can get GLOCK parts & service confidentially & FREE to me.

Also, being older, I switched our travel guns to only those which will accept GLOCK 9mm 15 round mags. So no more mag confusion.

While my usual EDC is a GLOCK 19/26, I do carry others. Yesterday it was a J-frame. As with many facets of modern life, carry what would fit your mission, even if it is only a trip to the neighborhood bakery.

As I’m frequently dining with undercover LEO’s who carry GLOCK 19’s, I’d like to be able to toss them a fresh mag while I hide under the table.

Walter Mitty here, but “If you actually DID it in real life, remembering it is not fantasizing!’

Meanwhile I’d love to find a cherry 3913 or 908 for my EDC when I’m out alone.

“I’d bet I’m not the only one who hears “You’ve already got too many damned GUNS!’

leVieux

<>

raven762308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2021
    Anna, TX
    As for Glocks for me. I have had 1 in the past, and own a PSA copy now. With my small hands and sausage fingers, I can't get a proper firing grip from a draw. If I work it into the web of my hand I can shoot it properly. But from a draw, I'm always barely fingering the trigger, leading to pushing left. M&Ps just have better ergonomics for my hands.
    Yeah I like the ergos of the M&Ps over the Glocks too.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I wish everyone was able to take the time to compete, or take a serious course, or even just spend some time with someone with a timer, on a halfway organized course, with a few different handguns. It can really open your eyes between what you like vs what you shoot well.
    But then again, confidence is a strong factor. If the name on the side of your gun gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, it can't hurt..

Top Bottom