• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I too have multiple handguns in various cartridges, but do not own a Glock. I have always believed they are too expensive for a plastic gun, especially given that you will have to change the trigger and the sights to make it functional.
    :confused::confused:
    That would likely come as a huge surprise to the 20 million or so Glock owners out there.... I would hazard a guess that at least 90% of them never modify them at all... I have done nothing to mine, and it is most assuredly fully functional.
    Glock's reputation is that it is one of the most reliable handguns ever made, in stock form.... your statement makes little sense to me.... can you elaborate on why I need to change the trigger and sights? Curiosity, and all that..... :cool:

dmh

dmh
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Huntsville,TX
    I have multiple handguns of all kinds too, but also have three Glocks.
    I actually prefer to carry a Glock. The much hated grip angle is perfect for me and I never have to worry about holster wear, scratches and nicks, or if it gets wet or filthy.
    It's not going to get any uglier and my pretty guns can be babied and saved for recreational shooting.

I really never understood the Glock hate thing.
    It is a tool. I have tried to shoot a Kimber, as it is a pretty gun. Unfortunately, for me, the grip angle just doesn't work. Pull the trigger, my Glock makes a noise. That's a good thing...

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I too have multiple handguns in various cartridges, but do not own a Glock. I have always believed they are too expensive for a plastic gun, especially given that you will have to change the trigger and the sights to make it functional.
    lol. What? I have the factory trigger in all of my glocks. It’s completely unnecessary to change the trigger on Glocks, and sights are just a matter of preference. Most of my Glocks still have the factory sights.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Nothing wrong with Glocks but they're not for everyone. I've owned 2 over the years and shot probably 5 variations. Now I'm down to 1 gen3 g19. At one point I had 12+ nines and the Glock was usually the last I'd reach for at the range. No offense to anyone but I do think Glocks make better shooters out of otherwise inexperienced gun owners. They're just simple to operate and reliable.

I'm definitely a hammer fired fan and in order of performance...the Grand Power Excalibur with 20 round mags wins the top spot, probably the CZ 75 second but more of a tie with a grand power k100, SIG x five next, then the x full, walther ppx, g19, sw908, Beretta nano. The hi power I had years ago was a great shooter but I've sold it, an m&p, a canik, one of 3 k100s and my g22. I still have an STI gp6 that has a slight edge on the k100 but a known hammer shattering problem keeps it in the safe more often than not.

I still want a newer Canik rival or the latest gen tanfoglio but I've got too many good shooters to justify another right now. Beretta 92s and Sigp226 will always be on my banned list. Clunky guns that have always shot like hot garbage for me.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I wouldn't own one if it was a GIFT. They are real reliable and lots of people swear by them, but they are JUNK. I don't own any JUNK. Not accepting any JUNK as a GIFT, either.
    I understand them not being your thing, but what exactly makes them junk? They're reliable, durable, well made, and accurate. Nothing about that says "junk" to me.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    When you really want that Trump gun and realize it's a Glock.
    FB_IMG_1717213594712.jpg

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Well, crap..... that takes you off my Christmas list..... @Moonpie is back on it....

Uh, er... Though I shoot 1911/2011 formats better than others--just used to grip angle and trigger over the course of umpteen years--I am most definitely an Equal Opportunity Shooter and I do own Glocks. So, like, If you need replacements for your Christmas list... :D

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    :confused::confused:
    That would likely come as a huge surprise to the 20 million or so Glock owners out there.... I would hazard a guess that at least 90% of them never modify them at all... I have done nothing to mine, and it is most assuredly fully functional.
    Glock's reputation is that it is one of the most reliable handguns ever made, in stock form.... your statement makes little sense to me.... can you elaborate on why I need to change the trigger and sights? Curiosity, and all that..... :cool:
    I currently own 3 Glocks and have never seen the need to replace or modify the triggers.

I did put a set of night sights on my G20. It was an impulse buy. I was at a gun shop and a counter guy was getting ready to put them on one of the stores guns and I half jokingly said "you could just put them on mine" and he did.
    If I could do it over again, I would have kept my pie hole shut.. :laughing:

BladeZealot

Gotta love a 1911!
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 14, 2022
    Retired. I reckon a wanderer
    I own a few glocks. They are already ugly...so you don't have to worry about dinging them up. And they run...and run...and run.

Are they the be all-end all of handguns? Certainly not. Are they perfection as they claim? No.

If they were perfection there would be no need for the huge variety of after market parts available.

I certainly have other brands I enjoy as much or more.

That's why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors.

honestly ...I'm a 1911 guy at heart:)

but there's room for others.

except hi point. They are an abomination.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I own a few glocks. They are already ugly...so you don't have to worry about dinging them up. And they run...and run...and run.

Are they the be all-end all of handguns? Certainly not. Are they perfection as they claim? No.

If they were perfection there would be no need for the huge variety of after market parts available.

I certainly have other brands I enjoy as much or more.

That's why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors.

honestly ...I'm a 1911 guy at heart:)

but there's room for others.

except hi point. They are an abomination.
    Many of the aftermarket parts move them even farther away from perfection, but yeah, I agree wit the rest of what you said, and I also have other brands that I enjoy more than my Glocks, but I still continue to carry my G20 for the ver reasons you give in the first line of your post.

Top Bottom