• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Now I don't have huge love handles, and don't know how it feels when a gun is poking them...

About like being stabbed with a screwdriver. When I carry IWB the pistol is pretty much just pressed into the flab, which hides it rather well under a shirt. I carry at 3:00 because if the pistol is any further to the front, sitting down is impossible without excruciating pain, and carrying any further to the rear pulls my belt down because while I have the same ass I did at 19, the rest of me has gotten considerably larger so it doesn't offer any support.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    About like being stabbed with a screwdriver. When I carry IWB the pistol is pretty much just pressed into the flab, which hides it rather well under a shirt. I carry at 3:00 because if the pistol is any further to the front, sitting down is impossible without excruciating pain, and carrying any further to the rear pulls my belt down because while I have the same ass I did at 19, the rest of me has gotten considerably larger so it doesn't offer any support.

Yeah I can’t do appendix type carry. Hard to sit, drive a car, etc. I’ve tried it a couple of times and it only works when I’m literally just walking around (say like shopping for groceries). Otherwise, no.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Yeah I can’t do appendix type carry. Hard to sit, drive a car, etc. I’ve tried it a couple of times and it only works when I’m literally just walking around (say like shopping for groceries). Otherwise, no.
    aiwb.jpg

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    Presumably so you don't get plugged by church security who may equate a gun as a threat
    Concealed is concealed. I see no good reason to advertise it to anyone unless I'm pulled over by a cop who knows I'm a LTC holder since he can run my plates.

If their church security starts gunning down people for printing, they got a bunch of psychos guarding that church.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Concealed is concealed. I see no good reason to advertise it to anyone unless I'm pulled over by a cop who knows I'm a LTC holder since he can run my plates.

If their church security starts gunning down people for printing, they got a bunch of psychos guarding that church.
    I'm not saying they are going to gun people down for printing, thats not what i am talking about.

If an active shooter happens, and guns come out, I'd be ok with the security team knowing I'm not the bad guy.

Because lets be real, lots of church security teams aren't well organized or trained. I don't want the guy off to the side to dome me because i stopped a threat, because all he could see is me shooting.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    I'm not saying they are going to gun people down for printing, thats not what i am talking about.

If an active shooter happens, and guns come out, I'd be ok with the security team knowing I'm not the bad guy.

Because lets be real, lots of church security teams aren't well organized or trained. I don't want the guy off to the side to dome me because i stopped a threat, because all he could see is me shooting.
    That could happen in any "active shooter" situation quite honestly. Right?

In the middle of Walmart, H-E-B, Mall, etc. You pull your gun out on a threat, and put them down, you ALWAYS run the risk of someone else drawing on you and misidentifying who you are, and whether you're actually a threat, especially in Texas where literally more than a couple of people around you are packing a gun at any given time. The armed security at most retail places is not any more well trained than Church security. But do you go to the front desk of a place with armed security and make sure they know you're armed? I wouldn't.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Every church “I know of” is posted with a 30.07.

My church isn't posted, but the pastor does discourage OC....primarily to prevent it from being a distraction from the sermon. And, in that regard, it makes sense......my pastor gets distracted easily.

Haven't had anyone OC at church yet. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. I'm still CC by personal choice.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    That could happen in any "active shooter" situation quite honestly. Right?

In the middle of Walmart, H-E-B, Mall, etc. You pull your gun out on a threat, and put them down, you ALWAYS run the risk of someone else drawing on you and misidentifying who you are, and whether you're actually a threat, especially in Texas where literally more than a couple of people around you are packing a gun at any given time. The armed security at most retail places is not any more well trained than Church security. But do you go to the front desk of a place with armed security and make sure they know you're armed? I wouldn't.
    Sure, but I'd be willing to bet churches have armed security far more often than HEB or Kroger or Walmart.

Why take the chance? It's not like you *have* to join the security team or vastly alter your life to let some dudes know not to shoot you. And letting them know you carry isn't going to blow your concealment, unless they force you to wear one of those CHL sashes or something.

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Sure, but I'd be willing to bet churches have armed security far more often than HEB or Kroger or Walmart.

Why take the chance? It's not like you *have* to join the security team or vastly alter your life to let some dudes know not to shoot you.

Well, it's a perfect way for that one elder or deacon who's a hoplophobe to get the church posted 30.06 for one thing.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas

Why take the chance? It's not like you *have* to join the security team or vastly alter your life to let some dudes know not to shoot you.

They shouldn't be shooting you without identifying who you are and what the situation is anyway, but that's besides the point.

I think you're underestimating the risk of putting a target on your own back by going and telling people who you don't really know that you're armed and "I'm a good guy, don't worry about me" when you don't have to on the extremely very, very low risk that you would get domed in an active shooter situation. I also wouldn't assume the reaction you would get from your open admission would be 100% positive. You don't know how "happy" the pastors, or elders would be knowing some guy volunteered info that he walks into church armed everyday.

Now if you're kind of close with these people, and have a somewhat deeper than surface relationship with them, MAYBE, you would be alright. I would definitely test the waters with some off hand talk about concealed carriers though to see where their belief system may align... before you give up your ace in the hole so to speak. Just to protect yourself IMO.

Top Bottom