• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ibock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    McKinney
    I have been carrying with a sticky holster which probably isn’t the best way but there are so many choices and I haven’t wanted to waste a bunch of money on holsters I don’t like.

I have just recentry started to carry at church but I have been uncomfortable for many reasons.

1. Depending on where I am sitting I am alway a little nervous of printing… If someone is behind me I just dont want to make people feel uncomfortable or for them to know I am carrying a gun. I am always concerned people are noticing my gun

2. Carrying at 4 a clock hurts my old buldged disk injury.

3. Apendix carry digs in while sitting down.

I have heard people say well it will be comfortable when you get the right holster but if y’all could point me in a direction that would be great. I am a good size guy 6ft 1 240LB but I hate wearing baggy clothes.

Suggestions?
    Target Sports

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    1. Get over it, it’s a self conscious thing. The vast majority of people don’t see plainclothes OC with a full size pistol. I carry a commander sized fat 1911 pretty much everywhere and nobody sees it.

2. How do you normally carry and why won’t that work?

3. Well don’t do that.

4. You didn’t ask, but the right belt may help depending on your body shape. Otherwise, I suggest bib coveralls.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    OWB, 3:00. Get a good steel insert belt (Bigfoot is just one example). Belt is more important than the holster for keeping the gun up against your side.

Don't worry about printing, it is a nonissue. 99.999% of the public will never notice. If they do, they will probably assume it is a cell phone case.

Doons

FJB
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    Fort Worth
    And it’s printing? as mentioned, good gun specific belt and then a good quality IWB or OWB Holster should snug it up nicely. If you wearing tailored shirts, it will be tougher to complately hide any pistol. Hiding a Micro Kimber should be pretty easy though….

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    1. Depending on where I am sitting I am alway a little nervous of printing… If someone is behind me I just dont want to make people feel uncomfortable or for them to know I am carrying a gun. I am always concerned people are noticing my gun

Suggestions?
    I sit in a rear section of church near a sound/video booth. Usually the same people behind me every week. If they have noticed, they aren't bothered by it. I know some of them are armed as well.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I appendix carry a G19 and nobody ever notices. If they do, they keep it to themselves.

Maybe go to your local gun store or stores and see if they can help you with holsters.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I'm not a small man and I don't have a small equator. I often carry a full size SIG at 3:00 in a Crossbreed Cloak Tuck IWB holster, with my button-up shirt tucked in over it. It barely prints, and nobody has ever noticed it - even my wife, when she knew I was carrying. I've also concealed a full size 1911 in an OWB holster in the same position in an untucked shirt that was about an inch too short to fully hide the bottom of the holster. Nobody saw it.

Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    Good thread.

I always find a seat where I can see most of the exits and about most of the congregation. We are on a Semi-circular seating arrangement. Usually, that’s somewhere near the back corner parabola. We are a family of four, wife and two kids.

With that said, I carry 3oclock iwb on a button down polo shirt. I normally carry a HELLcat, but on church day I bring a different gun.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Scratching my head how a micro 380 digs when carried appendix, but your body shape is no doubt different than mine. A gun that small could be carried in a pocket holster - a good leather or kydex one, not a soft sided nylon rig. Or carry OWB and wear a jacket or vest over it. Or a shoulder holster - assuming you have enough range of motion in your arms & shoulders to reach - some dudes don't, so shoulder holsters won't work for them.

There's always Thunderwear too.

Had you said you were carrying a Glock 17 or a government 1911 I'd simply say go shorter - but a Kimber 380 is tiny already.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Scratching my head how a micro 380 digs when carried...
    Not everyone has experience carrying a pistol all the time. Hell, when I had to start duty carry it wasn’t comfortable until after a year or two. Most of that was psychological and not physical.

As far as Mexican carry goes, it’s always been uncomfortable to me when seated.

retrieverman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2019
    Texas
    Kimber micro 380
    When I started reading this thread, I thought you were going to say Glock 19 or at least something that size.

When I carried a Sig 238 (basically the same as your Kimber) to church, I carried it in the back pocket of my jeans.

I’ve tried belly bands and 5.11 undershirts with holsters, and for comfortable, worry free carry, I wear a sport coat and can carry any handgun I own IWB or OWB.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    If IWB/OWB hip carry is uncomfortable for you, I suggest a shoulder holster under a loose-fitting shirt. It has worked for me. Here's what I use....

Top Bottom