• ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    bbbass mentioned goat meat.

YUM!

Baby goat known by the cognoscenti as 'Cabrito'!

I love the taste, the texture of the meat....goooooooooooddd!

Now here's a bit of 'Cabrito' gastronomist inside info: The eyes are good eating...

I was in an obscure part of Mexico, being hosted by the one time CEO of Carta Blanca Beer, among others and we went to this unassuming, but absolutely fine restaurant that specialized in Cabrito.

They served the entire body of this whole roasted delicacy in the center of our massive table.

It was cooked to perfection.

Our host, plucked out an eye and asked if anyone would like it before he gobbled it up.

All, including me, demurred...but then, he popped it into his mouth with obvious enjoyment.

So, girding my loins, I asked for the other...it was very, very good.

So, next time your offered a nicely cooked eye...eat it.
    Target Sports

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    bbbass mentioned goat meat.

YUM!

Baby goat known by the cognoscenti as 'Cabrito'!

I love the taste, the texture of the meat....goooooooooooddd!

Now here's a bit of 'Cabrito' gastronomist inside info: The eyes are good eating...

I was in an obscure part of Mexico, being hosted by the one time CEO of Carta Blanca Beer, among others and we went to this unassuming, but absolutely fine restaurant that specialized in Cabrito.

They served the entire body of this whole roasted delicacy in the center of our massive table.

It was cooked to perfection.

Our host, plucked out an eye and asked if anyone would like it before he gobbled it up.

All, including me, demurred...but then, he popped it into his mouth with obvious enjoyment.

So, girding my loins, I asked for the other...it was very, very good.

So, next time your offered a nicely cooked eye...eat it.

I don't know whether to put a "laughey" or a "lovey" on this.... but I don't think I'll be having eyeball anytime soon... and I considered myself to be an adventurous eater!

How bout monkey brains???

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I've got a mini-poo that is the sweetest lil thang.... but she would bite another dog with no compunction.

I just inherited a male Shi Tzu from a widow friend that has been put in Alzheimer's care. That dog is spoiled, demanding, fussy over food, and will bite if we try to move him or pick him up when he doesn't want. He doesn't break skin but it still hurts. As a result, he's felt my knuckles a few times... doesn't seem to learn tho. Dumb dog!!

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Looking at the dogs that were bred to make a Boston Terrier one might not think Grandma Lap Dog, Boston Bulldogs are a strong breed characteristic in the Boston Terrier. And Terrier are first & foremost bred to hunt & kill often on their own.
    It just shows how desired genetic characteristics can be bred into a dog by selective breeding. Probably Pit bulls can be selectively bred to not have a fight instinct.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It just shows how desired genetic characteristics can be bred into a dog by selective breeding. Probably Pit bulls can be selectively bred to not have a fight instinct.
    Most dog work to please their master, which has me believe the genius of the breed has perhhaps only 50% of what dogs were chosen for the pit.

Then you have roosters that fight. How much training do you think goes into a chicken brain.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Perhaps you could shed a little light on the numbers. You know, percentages? Of "The breed" most often the beasts responsible? I'll wait....
    I would welcome you, but you seemed to start right out with your first post being antagonistic.

Maybe pull that stick that's stuck up your azz out and go to the Introductions Section and say hello to everyone first.

BTW, I'll not be waiting.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Most dog work to please their master, which has me believe the genius of the breed has perhhaps only 50% of what dogs were chosen for the pit.

Then you have roosters that fight. How much training do you think goes into a chicken brain.
    Put a chicken on a hot griddle and you can teach it to dance too!

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    v4qWiEl.jpg

Sure looks real vicious!
    1655079322319.jpeg

Ya real killers. Some people are just ignorant and that can never be fixed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    It's obviously obvious that larger dogs, more capable of causing damage, will be heard about more than others.

Does that make them inherently vicious?
    I think some people assume some dog breeds are inherently vicious.

I have seen completely different personalities within the same breed of dogs. I have seen pit bulls that were extremely aggressive, and vicious, and even as much as dog lover I am, I can't deny that, but I have seen way more pit bulls that were just big babies and lapdogs.

Again, IMO, it comes down to the owners not properly controlling their dogs. In the root of this very story of this thread, the owner of that dog is the root cause of blame IMO.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON

We have a friend in Moulton whose chickens know their names and come when called.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    Perhaps you could shed a little light on the numbers. You know, percentages? Of "The breed" most often the beasts responsible? I'll wait....

The lists show little correspondence between different sources, various times or years.

Poodles have been represented as most prone. Recently black labs which I find absurd.

Personally I generally dislike ankle biters. The enabled coward liberals of canines. The description matches their owners.

Disclaimer: Not all small dogs.

Top Bottom