• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Just a few tips/quick reminders for everyone in this thread, or who might not feel like reading back through the whole thing:

1.) Avoid soy in all it's forms at all cost.

Soy foods (such as tofu, soy milk, tempeh, edamame, miso, many veggie burgers, and other products made with soy flour) contain isoflavones, which are chemically similar to estrogens. Two major types, genistein and daidzein, can act like estrogen in the body. The effects of such are compounded by your body's natural creation of estradiol and can hinder your gains from test significantly.

2.) Take natural estrogen metabolizers daily. DIM and Resveratrol (specifically Resveratrol containing Japanese Knotweed as its main ingredient).

Both DIM and Japanese Knotweed are excellent estrogen metabolizers and have also been studied for years for their cancer preventing properties.

I take 250mg of Resveratrol in the morning and another 250mg in the evenings. I also take 200mg of DIM in the morning and another 200mg in the evening.

3.) Eat your veggies! Cruciferous veggies such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cabbage are great natural sources of DIM and natural vitamins. Eat them instead of filling your gut with junk food. Need a snack? A handful of natural almonds, a banana and a liter of water will stave off even the most fierce junk food cravings.

4.) Limit your sodium and sugar intake!

5.) Limit your sodium and sugar intake!!!!

6.) Water is your friend! Embrace it!

7.) Get yourself outside and exercise!

The shot itself is going to help get your body chemistry back in sync but there's only so much it can do. You have to do the rest. Luckily, the shot will give you the focus and drive to do the rest. Estrogen is not your friend and can counter your attempts to lose that spare tire and if not controlled could actually make you grow boobs (among other problems). As your T-level rises so will your body's estrogen level. Control it at all cost.

My doctor recently tested me and confirmed I have Low T. Didn't get the number. I knew nothing about Low T before reading this thread. Maybe that will explain why I'm gaining weight in my belly, less energy, less woodies in the morning, feel sluggish, takes two cups of coffee to get going in the morning and not as sharp when it come to work. Doctor initially wrote a Rx for rub on T. Insurance denied it but was told they'll cover the shots. Time to contact my Doctor and get a Rx for the injections.

Thanks to everyone's contribution to this thread. Have a better understanding of Low T. TXARGuy's post really cleared up a lot of questions. Will be following this thread closely!

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I joined last month. Doing the underarm lube. And I felt different within days of starting on the gel. Energy level is up for sure.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    What symptoms are you having?
    I'm not a person to talk about personal stuff unsatcastically so I'm just gonna leave it at I'm having just about every symptom.

I did the research into stuff to try before hrt and it matches my lifestyle. I eat right, I go to the gym for an hour to an hour and a half 4x a week, I'm not drinking too much or doing drugs (except for a Zyrtec and men's one a day). My wife's worried about it.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I'm not a person to talk about personal stuff unsatcastically so I'm just gonna leave it at I'm having just about every symptom.

I did the research into stuff to try before hrt and it matches my lifestyle. I eat right, I go to the gym for an hour to an hour and a half 4x a week, I'm not drinking too much or doing drugs (except for a Zyrtec and men's one a day). My wife's worried about it.

Don't want you to reveal any personal stuff just curious as to what you have been feeling? For me the only symptom I had was fatigue that was noticeable enough. I was falling asleep mid day and couldn't keep my eyes open. Otherwise I was going along just fine. Soon after I tested and started an injection therapy I woke up and felt fine. I have lost 42 pounds and can take on a team of girls now lol. Make sure your doctor looks to see if you are anemic as that was the first they thought I had. It wasn't until I pushed for the T test that we found what was wrong and it was this thread at TGT that prompted me to test for T.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Don't want you to reveal any personal stuff just curious as to what you have been feeling? For me the only symptom I had was fatigue that was noticeable enough. I was falling asleep mid day and couldn't keep my eyes open. Otherwise I was going along just fine. Soon after I tested and started an injection therapy I woke up and felt fine. I have lost 42 pounds and can take on a team of girls now lol. Make sure your doctor looks to see if you are anemic as that was the first they thought I had. It wasn't until I pushed for the T test that we found what was wrong and it was this thread at TGT that prompted me to test for T.
    I can't stay awake for an entire day without coffee.

Every month I'm noticing I'm doing worse at the gym, with people at work and at home. I'd just like to be less like a tired old man.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Every month I'm noticing I'm doing worse at the gym, with people at work and at home. I'd just like to be less like a tired old man.

Do you take any supplement vitamins? I also found that I was severely dehydrated and low on just about every category. I completely changed my diet, quit caffeine, take lots of vitamins to include Super B, Fish Oil (3), Vitamin E, Multi (2), D, Magnesium and a few others. Tale tell signs are dry skin and splitting nails which were both I had bad. I was working out with a medium workout that was enough to deplete my system. Ever since I corrected my chemistry I feel like a million bucks and wear out the wife. The only annoyance with taking T is I have a mild case of acne which I have never had in my life even during puberty. Easy to keep it under control with Doxy. Make sure to keep up with everyone on this thread as they are extremely helpful and you'll learn a ton very fast.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

If you haven't had a sleep study, you might want to talk to him about that. . . .

Frankly, I'd be hard pressed to start you on testosterone suppliment at 27 even if your numbers were low. You will be dependent on it your for the rest off life!

I'm not your doctor, I'm some dude on the internet. I'm not giving you medical advise, but I would think about that for a bit.

Top Bottom