• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I was told by my nurse, when giving injections, be sure to have the "opening" of the needle pointed up, when inserting, as it is less painful.

At the angle I inject there is no up...
    The plunger is up, needle is down.
    I'm usually sitting on the edge of the bed or a chair.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I get my syringes from Vitalitymedical.com.

I use 1.5" because that is what my Dr. recommended and I push the full 1.5".

The ones I get are REF# 309589

Luer-Lok Tip with BD PrecisionGlide Needle, 23G x 1 1/2 TW IM, 3ML

A box of 100 costs $16.51 and lasts me 100 weeks.

They have other needle lengths of course so check them out.

Easy to deal with, fast shipping, no questions asked.

Perfect! Thanks!

WallyWorld charged me $7 for FIVE syringes. I am certainly getting ripped off and on top off that I am dealing with rude and ignorant nurses assistant Jenna's :banghead:

Is there any problem with me using the 1" deals? Am I hurting my muscles or not getting the injection correct by using a 1"? My doctors office used a 1" needle to start me out and that is what I have been using for 8 months now.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    The test is very thick, so one must take their time if using 22/23ga needles to draw from vial, just a little patience needed is what I found.
    I have heard of using the large to draw & then going to smaller, but I never found syringes that allowed swapping needles.

I did not think a script was needed for syringes.

All of mine have the screw in type needles that can be removed.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Is there any problem with me using the 1" deals? Am I hurting my muscles or not getting the injection correct by using a 1"? My doctors office used a 1" needle to start me out and that is what I have been using for 8 months now.

That I couldn't tell you. I'm just using what my dr. told me to use. I think we have the same dr. so you might give his office a call. May have something to do with body size/ thigh diameter.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    That I couldn't tell you. I'm just using what my dr. told me to use. I think we have the same dr. so you might give his office a call. May have something to do with body size/ thigh diameter.

I have asked them or well the nurse assistant who was a strange bitch. Anyway. They said that the 1" is what I am supposed to use. My body size is 6'4" 240 and I have recently lost 30 pounds. My legs are muscular and my skin is thin but not skinny. Matter of fact I cannot wear certain brand jeans as my quads are too big. I'll try the 1.5" and see how it goes. Not sure what to expect when I insert the entire needle what will be bad or not lol. I guess it will strike the bone and hurt?

When I get comfortable with which ever needle I am going to use the online company to order them that you posted. Thanks!!!

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Perfect! Thanks!

WallyWorld charged me $7 for FIVE syringes. I am certainly getting ripped off and on top off that I am dealing with rude and ignorant nurses assistant Jenna's :banghead:

$0.25 each at CVS....

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Just a few tips/quick reminders for everyone in this thread, or who might not feel like reading back through the whole thing:

1.) Avoid soy in all it's forms at all cost.

Soy foods (such as tofu, soy milk, tempeh, edamame, miso, many veggie burgers, and other products made with soy flour) contain isoflavones, which are chemically similar to estrogens. Two major types, genistein and daidzein, can act like estrogen in the body. The effects of such are compounded by your body's natural creation of estradiol and can hinder your gains from test significantly.

2.) Take natural estrogen metabolizers daily. DIM and Resveratrol (specifically Resveratrol containing Japanese Knotweed as its main ingredient).

Both DIM and Japanese Knotweed are excellent estrogen metabolizers and have also been studied for years for their cancer preventing properties.

I take 250mg of Resveratrol in the morning and another 250mg in the evenings. I also take 200mg of DIM in the morning and another 200mg in the evening.

3.) Eat your veggies! Cruciferous veggies such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cabbage are great natural sources of DIM and natural vitamins. Eat them instead of filling your gut with junk food. Need a snack? A handful of natural almonds, a banana and a liter of water will stave off even the most fierce junk food cravings.

4.) Limit your sodium and sugar intake!

5.) Limit your sodium and sugar intake!!!!

6.) Water is your friend! Embrace it!

7.) Get yourself outside and exercise!

The shot itself is going to help get your body chemistry back in sync but there's only so much it can do. You have to do the rest. Luckily, the shot will give you the focus and drive to do the rest. Estrogen is not your friend and can counter your attempts to lose that spare tire and if not controlled could actually make you grow boobs (among other problems). As your T-level rises so will your body's estrogen level. Control it at all cost.

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Just a few tips/quick reminders for everyone in this thread, or who might not feel like reading back through the whole thing:

1.) Avoid soy in all it's forms at all cost.

Soy foods (such as tofu, soy milk, tempeh, edamame, miso, many veggie burgers, and other products made with soy flour) contain isoflavones, which are chemically similar to estrogens. Two major types, genistein and daidzein, can act like estrogen in the body. The effects of such are compounded by your body's natural creation of estradiol and can hinder your gains from test significantly.

2.) Take natural estrogen metabolizers daily. DIM and Resveratrol (specifically Resveratrol containing Japanese Knotweed as its main ingredient).

Both DIM and Japanese Knotweed are excellent estrogen metabolizers and have also been studied for years for their cancer preventing properties.

I take 250mg of Resveratrol in the morning and another 250mg in the evenings. I also take 200mg of DIM in the morning and another 200mg in the evening.

3.) Eat your veggies! Cruciferous veggies such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cabbage are great natural sources of DIM and natural vitamins. Eat them instead of filling your gut with junk food. Need a snack? A handful of natural almonds, a banana and a liter of water will stave off even the most fierce junk food cravings.

4.) Limit your sodium and sugar intake!

5.) Limit your sodium and sugar intake!!!!

6.) Water is your friend! Embrace it!

7.) Get yourself outside and exercise!

The shot itself is going to help get your body chemistry back in sync but there's only so much it can do. You have to do the rest. Luckily, the shot will give you the focus and drive to do the rest. Estrogen is not your friend and can counter your attempts to lose that spare tire and if not controlled could actually make you grow boobs (among other problems). As your T-level rises so will your body's estrogen level. Control it at all cost.

Not questioning you just researching

Resveratrol Supplements: Side Effects and Benefits

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Scap clued me in on the Res-v. I started taking it without consulting my dr at first but discussed it with him at my next appointment. He thought it was a great idea.

That was when he had me add the DIM because my estradiol level was still trying to rise. Over the course of the next few blood draws we saw it fall off significantly as did my belly fat.

Of course I also made several lifestyle changes throughout that period that definitely helped.

I have a blood draw coming up in mid march. I'm looking forward to seeing the results this time.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Scap clued me in on the Res-v. I started taking it without consulting my dr at first but discussed it with him at my next appointment. He thought it was a great idea.

That was when he had me add the DIM because my estradiol level was still trying to rise. Over the course of the next few blood draws we saw it fall off significantly as did my belly fat.

Of course I also made several lifestyle changes throughout that period that definitely helped.

I have a blood draw coming up in mid march. I'm looking forward to seeing the results this time.

Clear out your PM's so I can send you one.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I get my syringes from Vitalitymedical.com.

I use 1.5" because that is what my Dr. recommended and I push the full 1.5".

The ones I get are REF# 309589

Luer-Lok Tip with BD PrecisionGlide Needle, 23G x 1 1/2 TW IM, 3ML

A box of 100 costs $16.51 and lasts me 100 weeks.

They have other needle lengths of course so check them out.

Easy to deal with, fast shipping, no questions asked.

Thanks for the info on the syringes. I finally got around to ordering which took some time to go through all of the options. I tried to find a "needle only" item that I could screw on to pull the medication and then use the 23ga needle for injection. Wasn't sure they had the right product so I am just going to use the 18ga 1.5 ones that Wally sold me. Not sure if these big 18gaugers are the ones they thought I was going to use to inject?

I now have a hodge podge bag full of different options to get the meds delivered lol so hopefully this will level out soon.

Top Bottom