• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    What length needles do you guys normally use?
    I have been using 1.5 inch, & my GF sticks my Glute.

Easiest way for me to get it is off insurance, most times, due to low supplies of single dose vials.
    10ml at WM for ~$115.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    What length needles do you guys normally use?
    I have been using 1.5 inch, & my GF sticks my Glute.

Easiest way for me to get it is off insurance, most times, due to low supplies of single dose vials.
    10ml at WM for ~$115.

Thigh shots are better with the 1"...
    Cvs usually only has the 1.5" and that's too long in my opinion.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    UPDATE:

HOLY SHIT!!!! Costco is now $143 for the same 10ml vial ! Damn. When I asked if she would give me a price without running my new insurance through she said no. My mail order pharm claims what they are sending is a 3ml vial for $25 but I have no idea what it is yet.

ETA: Wally Pharm is $115 which has not gone up since I started taking it.

Last edited:

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    UPDATE:

HOLY SHIT!!!! Costco is now $143 for the same 10ml vial ! Damn. When I asked if she would give me a price without running my new insurance through she said no. My mail order pharm claims what they are sending is a 3ml vial for $25 but I have no idea what it is yet.

Try CVS or Walgreens...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Finally received my order from the mail order pharm. I believe the requirement to work at this place is to score 80 IQ and under. It sounds like a Joosey sweat shop with fat girls and gangsta slang talk. Scary.

My doctor has been scripting a 10ml vial for 1ml weekly shots using 1" syringes for a year with no problems. I have been getting it at Costco for $65 or Wally for $115 from a mfg Watson and the medication is a syrup color. What do they send? Miniature (and I mean fucking small) 200mg/1ml tiny vials that contain the bare minimum of medication that is clear in color. They claim that they can only send a 30 day supply and I did not get the excuse as to why? They sent 1.5" syringes which is way too long for thigh shots.

So are there people that just take this once and thats it? What's the purpose of the tiny amounts?

Is this stuff from PFizer going to be the same medication? If not, as it is an injectable how will this affect my health? When I stopped by my doctors office the "Jenna's" (my term for the dopey fat girls that work at these places and most likely come from the same humper mill as the Joosey women) were ZERO help. They haven't a clue what they are looking at so she just sits there and stares at me as I start to steam.

So here I am fucking with the tiny ass vial, balancing a huge needle, trying to get the last smidge of medication out of it by tilting it in front of a bright bulb. The surface tension of the medication made it near impossible to accomplish this and during this all kinds of air bubbles get into the solution. They sent four tiny vials for $25. So when we do the math the cost is the same before Costco jacked the price.

What a joke.

Now I am going to have to sit on the phone with these dolts (again) to get this script transferred. I will pay more to go back to a large vial that I can handle and have it last for 10 weeks.

Question: To those that are using insurance and buying it at Wally/CVS/Walgreens what are you ballpark paying for a 10ml vial?

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I pay total cash cost (no ins.) of ~$115 for the 10ml vial at WM.
    My insurance will ONLY cover 1ml vials, & they are difficult to find in stock at times...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I pay total cash cost (no ins.) of ~$115 for the 10ml vial at WM.
    My insurance will ONLY cover 1ml vials, & they are difficult to find in stock at times...

Yup. Just found out the bad news about that too. What is the reasoning behind only covering one month and having to buy/use these tiny vials?

A few other questions:

I am having many problems with the idiot Jennas that work at these palces and they continue to send or script the wrong syringes.

Where can I buy the correct syringes without a script?

I have seen two way of doing the injections. The way I do it is to use a 22ga 3CC 1" syringe and watch a video where a guy used a larger needle to pull the medication and then screwed in a much smaller one to inject it.

Has anyone found a pharm in Canada to buy the vials?

I know its bad to reuse needles but does anyone do this?

I have a bunch of 1.5" needles that are too long and difficult to use. I have been using my fingers to stop the last .5" of the needle from going in which is extremely difficult to do. Has anyone use a spacer to use these needles? I am considering hacking off the tube of a pen to slip over the needle and use that as a spacer.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The test is very thick, so one must take their time if using 22/23ga needles to draw from vial, just a little patience needed is what I found.
    I have heard of using the large to draw & then going to smaller, but I never found syringes that allowed swapping needles.

I did not think a script was needed for syringes.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    A few other questions:

I am having many problems with the idiot Jennas that work at these palces and they continue to send or script the wrong syringes.

Where can I buy the correct syringes without a script?

I have seen two way of doing the injections. The way I do it is to use a 22ga 3CC 1" syringe and watch a video where a guy used a larger needle to pull the medication and then screwed in a much smaller one to inject it.

Has anyone found a pharm in Canada to buy the vials?

I know its bad to reuse needles but does anyone do this?

I have a bunch of 1.5" needles that are too long and difficult to use. I have been using my fingers to stop the last .5" of the needle from going in which is extremely difficult to do. Has anyone use a spacer to use these needles? I am considering hacking off the tube of a pen to slip over the needle and use that as a spacer.

I get my syringes from Vitalitymedical.com.

I use 1.5" because that is what my Dr. recommended and I push the full 1.5".

The ones I get are REF# 309589

Luer-Lok Tip with BD PrecisionGlide Needle, 23G x 1 1/2 TW IM, 3ML

A box of 100 costs $16.51 and lasts me 100 weeks.

They have other needle lengths of course so check them out.

Easy to deal with, fast shipping, no questions asked.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The test is very thick, so one must take their time if using 22/23ga needles to draw from vial, just a little patience needed is what I found.
    I have heard of using the large to draw & then going to smaller, but I never found syringes that allowed swapping needles.

I did not think a script was needed for syringes.

A script is not needed for syringes.

I tried the ole needle swap trick but found it to be a pain in the ass. Easier to draw from the vial with larger gauge of course but once switched to the smaller gauge it wasn't that much of a difference in feel and took much longer to inject.

I just had to man up and accept the larger needle. Now I have the injection down to an art. I stab so fast and smoothly that I hardly even feel it. And that's with a 23G 1.5" needle.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    When it comes to the stab hesitation hurts. A quick, straight and even pressured push is almost completely pain free. In fact, a good push along with a slow injection is not uncomfortable at all.

Also, I remove the needle with about the same force and speed as I insert it. I rarely even have any bleeding at all.

Top Bottom