Patriot Mobile

Legal to open carry an AR pistol on a motorcycle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I

I asked for the legality of something and got unrelated opinions until Rotor came along and answered my question

So you’re letting them win??
    No, they are telling you to pull your head out and pick your battles cause you're not gonna win that one on the side of the road especially with the "you treading on me" attitude.

You will be completely in the right provided you are legal about everything and if you win the lottery and get the one hoplophobe responding to that call, especially around austin which is cali light, you will lose. Yes eventually you will be proven legal but it's a battle you dont have to even fight. Put the damn thing in a case and sling that.

You do what you think is best.

Why even ask a question if you are gonna argue with everyone who doesn't agree with your preconceived answer?

Learn from others experience, especially since you're new. Did you open carry your AR pistol in cali? Is it some wet dream you wack off to? Do you see everyone else doing it?

Seriously. Like I said in the beginning, just because you can...
    Guns International

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    This must be let’s be mean day. I personally contacted a law group about the new permit less carry signs and many of the members here who may or may not be lawyers question their opinion. That’s fine. It is very difficult figuring out the laws in Texas and I bet most lawyers would have problems interpreting them unless they specialized in gun cases.
    I don’t know why we can’t be civil and just answer a simple question if we know the answer.
    Saw somewhere recently asked about keeping veteran on their LTC when renewing. Well just found out when I renewed that they wanted my DD 214 again. Who could believe they need it again. Nothing easy about Texas laws or regulations.
    Is it smart to drive a cycle with an AR on your back. Is it legal? Why would an SBR be legal and the same gun without a stamp need to be holstered? Confusing laws and I bet most cops would not understand SBR vs pistol.
    I welcome new people to Texas especially if they are gun people. My brother can stay in Commiefornia.

480 Ruger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Mich
    I thought you were a bunch of experienced shooters. I called the LGS and got everything I needed. So much for the commraderie
    1630193848128.png

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It's time for this to stop.

Your mom needs to stop letting you borrow her laptop

I actually went to the trouble of issuing you a formal warning complete with penalty points and a time limit while pointing you to the Code of Conduct section you were violating. You repay that patience by continuing to be an ass.

Well, there's a way to stop that.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It's time for this to stop.

I actually went to the trouble of issuing you a formal warning complete with penalty points and a time limit while pointing you to the Code of Conduct section you were violating. You repay that patience by continuing to be an ass.

Well, there's a way to stop that.
    e966a7da1dae221568caf3051ffba9f7.jpg

Even Ray Charles saw that one coming.

Lol, sorry couldnt resist.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Can't we just have a IP firewall filter that detects the location and automatically reroutes all California IP addresses to http://www.hamsterdance.org/hamsterdance/
    That won't work. Simple IP filtering never does. It helps but it doesn't prevent this sort of thing.

Besides, we don't really want to freeze out any CA residents who are truly yearning to breathe free.

In this case, Ducati actually did move to Texas (though he never changed his profile to show an accurate location) so he was moving in the right direction. I was hoping he'd assimilate but, well, that never came to pass. Being in the Austin area, I suppose he never felt a strong need to evolve his attitude...but that's just a guess.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    You're absolutely right cycleguy.
    Now how 'bout licking that dryer electrical plug. You know that's legal.

Licking the plug would be fine, since it would have to be out to do that. But licking the socket/outlet might prove interesting. And normally I prefer licking sockets to plugs anyway. :evil: :frog:

I thought you were a bunch of experienced shooters. I called the LGS and got everything I needed. So much for the commraderie

All the way from asking legal questions on the internet, to getting butthurt about being redirected, to calling members hicks (unlike sophisticated San Diego gay gym rats living in Austin), to using "tread on" in a silly way, to believing that experienced shooters can provide legal advice, to taking legal gun advice from a LGS counter ninny, to silly retorts about mom's basement, to forfeiting forum membership after being formally warned; that's quite a journey........

1630247982260.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom