Texas SOT

Legal to open carry an AR pistol on a motorcycle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Looking for genuine legal advice here. My dad is considering buying a home in TX to make his primary residence in retirement, he’s a gun nut and taught me how to ride so he would lose his shit if I told him I did it.
    I'm far from a lawyer, but Texas Penal Code Section 46 has all you need to know regarding the carry of weapons under Texas law. Texas is a permissive state, unless it is prohibited, it is assumed you have the legal authority.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Even though he’s in a free state he still likes to tread on people
    You stated very clearly you were looking for legal advice in regards to your question.

This forum is not a legal forum and it isn't populated by lawyers. The members here are offering their opinions.

If you can't understand the legal statutes clear enough to comply with them in this state. then consult with a lawyer of your choosing. Check out the Yellow Pages in a phone book near you.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Why not?

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    I have to agree with @Grumps21 to a point. Even if something is legal, doesn't mean it's prudent to do so.

Doesn't mean that some officers may not be as up to understanding the laws, and could create a situation for you from their lack of understanding.

But in a way I agree with you. If it's legal to do, then anyone should be able to act accordingly.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Even though he’s in a free state he still likes to tread on people
    Someone needs remedial vocabulary work.

You asked for opinions and got them and think your being tread upon.

You're being something but tread upon ain't it.

Dont forget to lo leave that attitude along with the rest of your California bullshit behind.

Ducati

Gym, Tan, Laundry
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2021
    San Diego
    I
    Someone needs remedial vocabulary work.

You asked for opinions and got them and think your being tread upon.

You're being something but tread upon ain't it.

Dont forget to lo leave that attitude along with the rest of your California bullshit behind.

I asked for the legality of something and got unrelated opinions until Rotor came along and answered my question

All it takes is for a liberal activist to fear for his/her/it/them/they life and they start stirring shit up
    So you’re letting them win??

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I

I asked for the legality of something and got unrelated opinions until Rotor came along and answered my question

Several people, myself included told you to consult with a lawyer.

Yeah, several made some humorous remarks. Pull up your big boy panties and thicken your skin a bit.

But this ain't a legal forum and the members here ain't lawyers. I suspect Rotor ain't a lawyer either.

If you are unable to read the Texas statutes, and comprehend them, then consult a lawyer to explain them to you. The members here are not lawyers and are offering their opinions as to their interpretation of the statutes. They may, or may not be correct in their interpretation of the laws.

If you want to get all bent out of shape, and start insulting other members, the Mods and Admins will frown on that. Last Cali transplant that tried that, ain't no longer a member of this forum. He started insulting other members because they made some humorous remarks as well and now he's gone.

Just a suggestion. And worth the same as the legal advice here as well.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    IBTL-Motivational_poster.jpg

Ducati

Gym, Tan, Laundry
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2021
    San Diego
    Several people, myself included told you to consult with a lawyer.

Yeah, several made some humorous remarks. Pull up your big boy panties and thicken your skin a bit.

But this ain't a legal forum and the members here ain't lawyers. I suspect Rotor ain't a lawyer either.

If you are unable to read the Texas statutes, and comprehend them, then consult a lawyer to explain them to you. The members here are not lawyers and are offering their opinions as to their interpretation of the statutes. They may, or may not be correct in their interpretation of the laws.

If you want to get all bent out of shape, and start insulting other members, the Mods and Admins will frown on that. Last Cali transplant that tried that, ain't no longer a member of this forum. He started insulting other members because they made some humorous remarks as well and now he's gone.

Just a suggestion. And worth the same as the legal advice here as well.

I thought you were a bunch of experienced shooters. I called the LGS and got everything I needed. So much for the commraderie

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I

I’m not letting anyone win. I think it was well put a few replies up. Choose your battles. This is really not too much different than pride month and pride parades. Though I don’t agree with that lifestyle, I’d be more accepting if they didn’t do an “in your face” extraveganza

Top Bottom