• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I don't remember where the discussion was held on this, but something was just posted by Deputy T. Wolff on Nextdoor....

Left lane for passing only

Unless you are passing slower traffic, leave the left lane of any multi-lane roadway open.

91be734659c71423aa1f5d2bdc43978c.jpg.max800.jpg

Attachments

• 91be734659c71423aa1f5d2bdc43978c.jpg.max800.jpg
      91be734659c71423aa1f5d2bdc43978c.jpg.max800.jpg
      48 KB · Views: 315

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    We can only see your link if we are registered in your neighborhood on Nextdoor. At any rate, "Unless you are passing slower traffic, leave the left lane of any multi-lane roadway open." isn't accurate.

Only only divided highways where signs are posted.

Texas Transportation Code

Sec. 544.011. LANE USE SIGNS. If, on a highway having more than one lane with vehicles traveling in the same direction, the Texas Department of Transportation or a local authority places a sign that directs slower traffic to travel in a lane other than the farthest left lane, the sign must read "left lane for passing only."

Sec. 544.004. COMPLIANCE WITH TRAFFIC-CONTROL DEVICE. (a) The operator of a vehicle or streetcar shall comply with an applicable official traffic-control device placed as provided by this subtitle unless the person is:

(1) otherwise directed by a traffic or police officer; or

(2) operating an authorized emergency vehicle and is subject to exceptions under this subtitle.

(b) A provision of this subtitle requiring an official traffic-control device may not be enforced against an alleged violator if at the time and place of the alleged violation the device is not in proper position and sufficiently legible to an ordinarily observant person. A provision of this subtitle that does not require an official traffic-control device is effective regardless of whether a device is in place.

Sec. 541.304. TRAFFIC CONTROL. In this subtitle:

(1) "Official traffic-control device" means a sign, signal, marking, or device that is:

(A) consistent with this subtitle;

(B) placed or erected by a public body or officer having jurisdiction; and

(C) used to regulate, warn, or guide traffic.

(2) "Railroad sign or signal" means a sign, signal, or device erected by a railroad, public body, or public officer to notify traffic of railroad tracks or an approaching railroad train.

(3) "Traffic-control signal" means a manual, electric, or mechanical device that alternately directs traffic to stop and to proceed.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    We can only see your link if we are registered in your neighborhood on Nextdoor. At any rate, "Unless you are passing slower traffic, leave the left lane of any multi-lane roadway open." isn't accurate.

Only only divided highways where signs are posted.

When I posted it I didn't even know there was a link there.
    I just copied and pasted from my screen.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    To be fair, some people may be confusing this with "left lane for passing only". I underlined the relevant parts
    Texas Transportation Code

SUBCHAPTER B. DRIVING ON RIGHT SIDE OF ROADWAY AND PASSING

Sec. 545.051. DRIVING ON RIGHT SIDE OF ROADWAY. (a) An operator on a roadway of sufficient width shall drive on the right half of the roadway, unless:

(1) the operator is passing another vehicle;

(2) an obstruction necessitates moving the vehicle left of the center of the roadway and the operator yields the right-of-way to a vehicle that:

(A) is moving in the proper direction on the unobstructed portion of the roadway; and

(B) is an immediate hazard;

(3) the operator is on a roadway divided into three marked lanes for traffic; or

(4) the operator is on a roadway restricted to one-way traffic.

(b) An operator of a vehicle on a roadway moving more slowly than the normal speed of other vehicles at the time and place under the existing conditions shall drive in the right-hand lane available for vehicles, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, unless the operator is:

(1) passing another vehicle; or

(2) preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

If I am driving along at the same speed as other traffic, unless signs are posted I can drive in the left lane

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Apparently this is very misunderstood. I just read a couple of news articles; in 2017 some LEO said it was in chapter 7 of the traffic code.. umm, hello, it is TITLE 7, chapter 545. And another article from 2014 indicated that on all roads you cannot drive in the left lane except passing. :banghead: of course, no reference to a specific law...

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I was on I-10 going to New Orleans a few weeks ago. I was just on the other side of Lake Charles & these two 18 wheelers were going 60mph, side by side for several miles & all the traffic behind us was starting to back up...I'd say about 3 miles of vehicles behind these two ass clowns. I was the 3rd vehicle behind them & finally a over pass with a entrance on to the freeway came up & I took the should over to the entrance ramp to get around them. Once I got around them the 18 wheeler in the left lane finally got over.

It was funny, we had the kids with us & as were passing them my wife gives the 18wheeler the finger, then says I'm not setting a very good example :roflfunny:

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    edmonsonjohn68
    Top Bottom