• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Way back when a Baylor Med Resident, I was lucky to have gotten fully qualified as an Emergency Physician a few years earlier. This was when full staffing of ED’s by MD’s was first starting and qualified folks were rare.

So I had all the ‘‘moonlighting’’ I could handle & then some. I did a great deal of traveling, much at nights & on weekends. From Lake Charles to Texas City, Lufkin, Victoria, Jasper, Alamo (LRGV), plus several hospitals & doc-in-box’ in Houston. I had a ‘78 Corvette, a ‘79 turbo Mustang & my old 3/4 GMC 4WD beach truck, all of which were known to have minor breakdowns at inopportune times, stranding me for hours.

JEEP was running the old ‘’JEEP, the Toughest Four Letter Word on Wheels” ad campaign. I went to Woody’s Jeep in the Houston Heights & ordered a CJ7, everything heavy duty & no radio, no A/C, no power options etc. Just bigger electrical/battery, bigger radiator, heavy duty suspension, etc. It actually lived-up to the ad’s claims, and was the first of many my JEEPS.

leVieux

<>

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    <>

You ARE young !

<>

Just don't look at him without proper eye protection.

spock with visor.jpg

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    I think Stalantis just killed Jeep production in the US....tons of 120K Jeeps and RAM trucks sitting on car lots to the point dealers are suing Stelantis.
    They also closed the factory that makes the cheap 45-60K Ram Trucks.
    Put their motor factory on reduced hours because they have a huge backlog of engines sitting with no truck to put it in.
    Not looking too good right now but heard some original Dodge/Chrysler family members are trying to buy it back.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    I think Stalantis just killed Jeep production in the US....tons of 120K Jeeps and RAM trucks sitting on car lots to the point dealers are suing Stelantis.
    They also closed the factory that makes the cheap 45-60K Ram Trucks.
    Put their motor factory on reduced hours because they have a huge backlog of engines sitting with no truck to put it in.
    Not looking too good right now but heard some original Dodge/Chrysler family members are trying to buy it back.
    Only a matter of time until they drop the import tarrifs, as the plan is to outsource those jobs.

Dutiable Entry​

Foreign-made vehicles imported into the U.S., whether new or used, either for personal use or for sale, are generally dutiable at the following rates:
    • Auto 2.5%
    • Trucks 25%
    • Motorcycles 2.4% or free
    source

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    The most you people need in life is a base model Suzuki Jimny with a 5 speed. This one served me well on plenty of sketchy roads.

9cea206b1c180f59d4f3230b19ac016d.jpg

When jeep set a record of driving up high altitude on a volcano they put a cheesy Jeep parking only sign where they peaked.

3 weeks later a Jimny later ascended 200 feet in elevation past the sign and brought it back down with them.

4d630b098e213811cd0210b26de1fbe0.jpg

062c46d70cb6f14a5ce7e3e5c087577b.jpg

RcG917

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2023
    Rockwall, TX
    You forgot one other key factor.... There's some new competition out there.... the new Ford Bronco! Not that little POS Bronco, but the nicer big one. I see a lot of them on the road these days. Slightly modified, they do look good! I'm just not a big Ford fan :-)

However, we do love our 2020 Rubicon JL (V6). We don't take it offroad any more than hopping a curb and trekking through a field. LOL! I like the way it looks and I like the way it drives. Our only issue so far is that both of the sun visors have come loose from their mounting holes.

Top Bottom