• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Way back when a Baylor Med Resident, I was lucky to have gotten fully qualified as an Emergency Physician a few years earlier. This was when full staffing of ED’s by MD’s was first starting and qualified folks were rare.

So I had all the ‘‘moonlighting’’ I could handle & then some. I did a great deal of traveling, much at nights & on weekends. From Lake Charles to Texas City, Lufkin, Victoria, Jasper, Alamo (LRGV), plus several hospitals & doc-in-box’ in Houston. I had a ‘78 Corvette, a ‘79 turbo Mustang & my old 3/4 GMC 4WD beach truck, all of which were known to have minor breakdowns at inopportune times, stranding me for hours.

JEEP was running the old ‘’JEEP, the Toughest Four Letter Word on Wheels” ad campaign. I went to Woody’s Jeep in the Houston Heights & ordered a CJ7, everything heavy duty & no radio, no A/C, no power options etc. Just bigger electrical/battery, bigger radiator, heavy duty suspension, etc. It actually lived-up to the ad’s claims, and was the first of many my JEEPS.

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom