• ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Bbq beans with sliced up smoked beef sausage in the crock pot, cornbread with hatch chilies, and this for desert...it's in the oven now. :)

20241002_142304.jpg

In case ya wanna make it ~
    Everything above all mixed together plus 3eggs & a splash of oil. Nuts in the batter, too.
    350° 25-30 min.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have often wondered what would be the best way to add cherries to brownies. I have bought pies filling for brownies more then once and just couldn’t figure out on top on bottom or a layer between the brownies. I have even bought dried cherries for brownies and again chickened out.

I have 2 brownies mixes right now in my pantry. All of the walnuts are gone but I do have pecans. I won’t make brownies unless I have company coming. I certainly don’t need a who pan to my self.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    I have often wondered what would be the best way to add cherries to brownies. I have bought pies filling for brownies more then once and just couldn’t figure out on top on bottom or a layer between the brownies. I have even bought dried cherries for brownies and again chickened out.

I have 2 brownies mixes right now in my pantry. All of the walnuts are gone but I do have pecans. I won’t make brownies unless I have company coming. I certainly don’t need a who pan to my self.
    If I'd have had a brownie mix, or enough gumption to do scratch, I'd have done that rather than using the cake mix for the 'dry' ingredient. I'll be freezing half this pan, otherwise it would be gone in 2 days.
    If it's a small packet that you have? I'd do brownie mix as directed, 1/2 can pie filling (freeze the rest in a baggie, 6mo, thaw on counter), pecans, and a hefty splash of Kirsch if you have it. :)
    You could always reconstitute the dried cherries in the Kirsch if you still have them, lol, instead of the pie filling.
    Give it a try! Be brave!!

Top Bottom