What type of firearm are you interested in, but haven't purchased yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

The4th

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2024
    Royse City, Texas
    I'd like a Tisas that's been run-over by a car.
    A buddy of mine keeps a Colt that looks like it's been run over, drowned, and then dragged behind a car in his truck. The internals are fine and, with good magazines, it shoots. He has a cable lock running through the trigger guard that is long enough that you can raise and shoot the gun easily from the driver's seat. He does not keep a round in the chamber, nor does he keep the gun in a holster. It just rattles around the front floorboard getting more wear on it. He's an odd one.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    I interpreted the thread that @ZX9RCAM mentioned to mean "reasonable to me, as in I could actually envision buying and regularly shooting it."

For this thread, I'll say a Barrett M82A1, 29" barrel, in .50 BMG. Because I can't afford to shoot it, don't know of anyplace I even could shoot it (at least not near me), and have no earthly, practical need for one. But if I were stupidly wealthy and owned 15,000 acres somewhere I could have a range with 1.1- or 1.2-mile targets...yeah; I'd be buying one tomorrow. Just because. :D

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Something full auto. Thompson, MP5 or something similar. I could technically afford it but can't justify the cost. Don't know what would be more $$, the firearm or the ammo :machine:

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I interpreted the thread that @ZX9RCAM mentioned to mean "reasonable to me, as in I could actually envision buying and regularly shooting it."

For this thread, I'll say a Barrett M82A1, 29" barrel, in .50 BMG. Because I can't afford to shoot it, don't know of anyplace I even could shoot it (at least not near me), and have no earthly, practical need for one. But if I were stupidly wealthy and owned 15,000 acres somewhere I could have a range with 1.1- or 1.2-mile targets...yeah; I'd be buying one tomorrow. Just because. :D
    A Dr I use to work with had one. He kept it at his ranch out near San Angelo. He was retiring and told me on his last day he would have me out to his place. we would shoot and drink some bourbon. He didn't know it at the time but he had cancer. He passed <6 months after he retired.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    An M18 recoilless rifle

400px-M18_RR_tripod.jpg

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    A Merkle Helix Delux in either 8x57JS or 9.3x62. An all included trip to Romania for a week
    You are not a cheap date.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 18-11-00 Merkle Helix Delux at DuckDuckGo.png

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    I'd like an EM2, not to shoot (never find the ammo anywhere) anyway less than 100 were ever made and that was back in in 1952 (a year before I was born). So it would just be a collectors item. Trouble is they are all in museums and not for sale. I did handle one once back in 1974.

stefan-engdahl-render1.jpg

Top Bottom