Texas SOT

Is anybody else sick of all of the 9/11 media garbage?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Re: Is anybody else sick of all of the 9/11 garbage?

i agree that the media sells a bunch of crap - but they do so because people are buying it.....big time

it is what it is
    Target Sports

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas

WOW! This is the day that changed my life FOREVER and I will never get over it or forget. I have lost 17 of my brothers because of what these coward pieces of shit did on 9/11. None of them would want their deaths to be called needless. Those who cannot or will not remember the past are condemned to repeat it. Forget it? Never. This is a history lesson that Americans are all too soon forgetting until we get bit in the ass again.

I will never forget what history has taught me about the Greatest Generation. I will teach my kids about Pearl Harbor, D-Day, the Pacific Campaign, John Basilone, Fat Man and Little Boy. I will teach them the history of the time in-between with Korea and Vietnam and the Cold War. I will explain to them the anger and fear that ran through my veins on the morning of 9/11 and how that I decided to fight the people who did this, not with words, but with guns, blood, sweat, and tears. I still have that feeling in me as I type. I was injured in this war, not once, but twice. I will never regret that. It angers and saddens me that America wants to forget; we would rather lay down and die than remember. It is racist and bigoted to remember the people who did this and want to hold them accountable?!?!

I agree that it is time to come home. This war has been fought for too damn long in the media and in DC. If they would have let us do the bloody, messy, dirty job that war is, it would have been over years ago. I want to say thank you to every cop, fireman, emergency responder, Marine, Soldier, Airman, Sailor, Coast Guardsman, and contractor that has been there from day 1 til now. Thank you for your service. I will never forget!

Very well written, Thank you.

RickP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    far East Plano

The thing that gets to me is that the media and apparently lots of liberals in NYC only remember what happen on the 9/11 anniversary date. Every other day it's badmouthing those that want to keep the country safe, or claim there's too much spending on defense (even though that's one of the few explicit gov't responsibilities spelled out in the Constitution), etc. Seems the NYC'ers though learned nothing....vote in Bloomberg that wants to restrict guns even more though 46 were killed in 3 days, allow a mosque near ground zero and not allow clergy at the 9/11 commemoration but imams are ok. Sheez.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub

The thing that gets to me is that the media and apparently lots of liberals in NYC only remember what happen on the 9/11 anniversary date. Every other day it's badmouthing those that want to keep the country safe, or claim there's too much spending on defense (even though that's one of the few explicit gov't responsibilities spelled out in the Constitution), etc. Seems the NYC'ers though learned nothing....vote in Bloomberg that wants to restrict guns even more though 46 were killed in 3 days, allow a mosque near ground zero and not allow clergy at the 9/11 commemoration but imams are ok. Sheez.

yep, spot on

barhob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    new braunfels

When you forget or ignore history, you are doomed to repeat it.
    Let us never forget.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

I'd be more impressed if the attention was being given to the 6200+ men and women killed during Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. While there were many victims and heroes on that tragic day, for me it's those who went to foreign lands to defend this great country after the attack that are more deserving. 9/11 was one horrible day in this nation's history, but the war on those who attacked us that morning has been going on for almost ten years. It is those in the military who answered the call to arms and who have voluntarily made the ultimate sacrifice...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

True, M2 - but our Armed Forces know what they're signing up for when they join. On the morning of September 11th, 2001, 3,000 folks were guilty of nothing more than going about their normal daily lives.

Before anyone jumps on the above, bear in mind that I served, one of my sons served (and, in fact, was on active duty when this went down), and that I more than respect and venerate our military personnel. But in this instance, those that were killed - and those that tried to rescue them - deserve more than the circus sideshow the media is turning this into.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

One other thing to add.....if ANYONE thinks that this date isn't special to the anti-christ spawn that thought it up, think again. I WILL be out and about Sunday - but I'll be armed while I am, and definitely on a heightened sensitivity to my surroundings.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller

Mixed emotions....over-hyped, yeah - beyond a shadow of a doubt. That it was "10 years ago, get over it" - no way in hell.

I now better appreciate the strong anti-nazi and imperialist japanese sentiments of my fathers' generation. I will go to my grave hating the asshats and those associated with them that performed this dastardly deed. I don't hold all Muslims responsible - I know better - but you can damned well bet your last dollar that anyone associated or sympathizing with their acts are nothing more than cannon fodder in my book.

And as to the "fake war", etc - we can fight it here or there - your choice - because only by going after their networks can we ever hope to shut 'em down. If that means hunting 'em down one by one....then so be it. Send 'em all to their Allah....with a pig under each arm.

My biggest fear after that day was that eventually people would forget the feeling of sorrow and disdain for the enemy that just about every felt for months after. I don't like the money grubbing media cashing in on it, but that's what they do. We need to keep this event in mind at all times.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN

I was in the Marine Corps in 1983 during the Beirut bombing, and I remember how quickly this country forgot those men who died that October 23rd. I submit that if the people who died on 9/11 had been all service members this country would have long forgotten.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

True, M2 - but our Armed Forces know what they're signing up for when they join. On the morning of September 11th, 2001, 3,000 folks were guilty of nothing more than going about their normal daily lives.

Hell, TRN, I would say that the fact that they volunteered to go face this country's enemy's makes them more worthy of the recognition than those who were simply "victims" on that tragic day. While there were many heroes who went into the buildings trying to rescue people, but the vast majority of those who perished where just unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

Hell, TRN, I would say that the fact that they volunteered to go face this country's enemy's makes them more worthy of the recognition than those who were simply "victims" on that tragic day. While there were many heroes who went into the buildings trying to rescue people, but the vast majority of those who perished where just unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

My friend, it's apples and oranges. Put it this way - when I sell a system to J.Q. Public, they pay the price. When I sell one to an active-duty military person, they get 10%. I don't advertise it, I don't promise it to 'em - I simply deduct that amount on the invoice when I present it to 'em. It ain't to "earn" their business - it's to honestly give them a little something back. So, yeah - I'll never forget 9/11, nor those we lost. But I'll always mourn and hold dear those lost sending a message to the ones responsible for it.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

I'll never forget it, but all the people who have gotten rich selling 9/11 coins, bears, songs, and advertising for "news" are despicable.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County

I'll never forget it, but all the people who have gotten rich selling 9/11 coins, bears, songs, and advertising for "news" are despicable.

this.

I ain't forgot it. I remember the sound of bodies hitting the roof of some area under the WTC's. Our countrymen choosing to jump rather than burn alive, Hell no, I'll never forget. Death to our enemies, death to their relatives, death to their friends and neighbors, death to their livestock, death to the parasites that infest their damned bodies.

miversen1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    SUGAR LAND

Don't see it your way. It is to easy to forget and just move on. Remembering our fellow Americans is reminds us that we must prevail against the evil that wants to kill as many of us as possible. We need to fight on not move on.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

Sick of it? NO! Forget? NO! Sick of PC feelgood hug a jihad and let 'em build a mosque? HELL YES!
    Remember always. I'll never forget the sick in the pit of my gut feeling of that day. I wish I could be as ignorant now as I was then.
    I had very limited knowledge of muslims, jihad, al queda, etc....

jedwil

2d Amendment Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Hilll Country

We need to remember this tragic event. We need to use this event to educate our children and grandchildren about the threat of radical Islam. Unfortunately, the memorial in NYC has been hijacked by politicians and promoted by commerical interests to increase market share and profits.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

I am sick of it. Have been for a long time.

I despise the "party atmosphere" they are creating.

I despise the companies holding "9/11 Sales, discounts,etc." and other forms of profiting from it.

and I am sick of grieving family members on TV, etc. Yes it was tragic, but you won the lottery financially, and the soldier with no legs or who is dead, his family got nothing, so STFU.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

I remember when people were complaining that the media wasnt talking enough about it and refused to show the video of the planes hitting the towers. When the president didnt want us to use the term "terrorist", when it was no longer a "war" on terror and became a "contingency operation". Now that the pendelum has swung the other way we are complaining about that too.

How fickle we are.

Top Bottom