• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I don't either although it may sound like I do. Actually with the way things are now, on most purchases, if you have a cash back card you are actually getting a discount that cash customers don't get. And the retailer gets extra off of cash purchases. Overall, the biggest losers in the card culture are the ones that can not get a card and use cash. They wind up paying the extra for everyone else's card.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    You are not getting a discount if you are paying interest. Add to that the fee that's passed on to you and you are not getting a discount nor really getting cash back. If your card has an annual fee you are really getting screwed.

You're not alone though.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    You are not getting a discount if you are paying interest. Add to that the fee that's passed on to you and you are not getting a discount nor really getting cash back. If your card has an annual fee you are really getting screwed.

You're not alone though.
    My card has no annual fees and I pay it off every month, and have for years. We use it for all the bills we can. I get double cash back at restaurants, grocery stores, and gas stations. We just claimed $1,500 in cash back, that we are giving to the 3 kids for Christmas, and we got $1,100 cash back in July. Yeah, I'll keep letting them screw me over like that.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My card has no annual fees and I pay it off every month, and have for years. We use it for all the bills we can. I get double cash back at restaurants, grocery stores, and gas stations. We just claimed $1,500 in cash back, that we are giving to the 3 kids for Christmas, and we got $1,100 cash back in July. Yeah, I'll keep letting them screw me over like that.

I just got tired of talking about it.
    Some people just refuse to believe.

:green:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I just got tired of talking about it.
    Some people just refuse to believe.

:green:
    You're a unicorn. Congrats. We got it.

99 percent of the world doesnt do this and brags about getting 1 percent of what the spend back as they pay loan shark level interest. Or an annual fee.

Keep smiling. Truly a unicorn.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

99 percent of the world doesnt do this and brags about getting 1 percent of what the spend back as they pay loan shark level interest. Or an annual fee.

Actually I'm not.
    Several members here have mentioned doing the same.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Who knew that Unicorns were so common.

I have paid a total of 29 bucks in fees for my credit cards in the last 3 years. And that fee was due to a netflix charge that I forgot I had on autopay and did not notice the charge till it was past due by 3 days. I should have called and complained but I was cashing in my points and just ate it as a stupid tax on myself.

As far as the credit card fees being passed on to consumers ya they are, Ya they have been for years, No most retailers are not going to ever remove the fees even if CC companies stop charging them. So its a moot point to argue that you are paying the fee. Its the cost of buying things with or without your card now and has no effect on your cash back.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    If that's not different from getting cash out of the card, the interest would be terrible.
    I have no idea if your plan would work.

I was kind of being funny about it but now that I think about it if you use the CC option for friends and family it may actually charge you a fee where its free if you use your bank account.

I have never been charged a cash fee for using my CC with paypal
    Not sure if I have ever used the CC with friends and Family tho.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    There is no list. Items are being listed as classified ads as they are sorted and photographed.
    I believe OP is out of town at the moment and unlike most of us here, she doesn't eat, sleep and breathe all things gun.
    What is this blasphemy you speak of?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom