• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Anyone have a good chili recipe?
    :fireworks:
    Sausage, your choice but I use both ground and nice hot links sliced in thin pieces. Beef, again your choice but ground and shredded for me. Pintos and ranch beans if you like beans absolutely no tomatoes in any form, onion garlic peppers....

Wait You were joking right? Sorry 2nd day without sleep.

ETA, anyways the chili is hearty enough to make you sleepy enough not to notice all the heartburn and gas that will be passed.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Sausage, your choice but I use both ground and nice hot links sliced in thin pieces. Beef, again your choice but ground and shredded for me. Pintos and ranch beans if you like beans absolutely no tomatoes in any form, onion garlic peppers....

Wait You were joking right? Sorry 2nd day without sleep.

ETA, anyways the chili is hearty enough to make you sleepy enough not to notice all the heartburn and gas that will be passed.
    What!?! No bacon?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I do not understand.

In 99.99% of stores cash and credit are the same price. If I use my CC I get 1-5% rebate. I pay nothing in fees for the card. This year I am at $853 bucks in cash back.

If I had paid in cash I would be $853 bucks in the hole.
    Once a certain number of people started using cards, I remember when the average person seldom had one or used it if they did, they just raised prices to cover the card charge for everyone.
    Seriously, all the card companies charge a percentage per transaction. Some are pretty high. That is why some cards like, American Express, were not excepted at a lot of places for a long time. Their charge to the retailer was much higher than they had adjusted prices for.
    You don't honestly think that the card companies or the retailers are going to pay that transaction charge for you out of THEIR or give you THEIR money in cash back, do you?

Not real likely.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I don't see any problem the way I do it.
    I don't either although it may sound like I do. Actually with the way things are now, on most purchases, if you have a cash back card you are actually getting a discount that cash customers don't get. And the retailer gets extra off of cash purchases. Overall, the biggest losers in the card culture are the ones that can not get a card and use cash. They wind up paying the extra for everyone else's card.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Overall, the biggest losers in the card culture are the ones that can not get a card and use cash. They wind up paying the extra for everyone else's card.

I finally started taking cards just because so many asked about it. I also offer a 5% discount for CASH (NOT checks). My cash customers love it - which is about 70% of the folks I sell softeners to. Everyone wins that way.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I don't either although it may sound like I do. Actually with the way things are now, on most purchases, if you have a cash back card you are actually getting a discount that cash customers don't get. And the retailer gets extra off of cash purchases. Overall, the biggest losers in the card culture are the ones that can not get a card and use cash. They wind up paying the extra for everyone else's card.

But I get money back for everything paid for with my CC, not just "purchases".
    All my utilities are paid with it as well, home and car insurance, medical, etc....

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Or, she could be getting ready to off him. :p
    Heheh....after 40 years it dont matter anymore.

Mamma puttin the guns back out after the kids leave and Ill say, you gonna shoot me? and she says "maybe"

...and Ill say "well as long as you and your boyfriend have it all worked out so you'll be happy thats all that matters."

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Man that new colt series 70 1911 she just posted on the classifieds section for $400 seems like a really good deal... good luck to whoever claims it!

Top Bottom