Inherited 50 guns

AmandaDeeann

Dec 9, 2019
San Antonio TX
Hey y'all. I inherited 50 guns. Rifles shotguns and a few handguns. Many nice scopes. Where is the best place to sell these? Gun store? Im not sure what is worth what yet either and I don't want to be taken for a fool.

avvidclif

Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010
Aug 30, 2017
Van Zandt County
I would suggest you subscribe to Blue Book of Gun Values online edition. It cost $3.95/month. It is considered the Bible of gun trading and you can look up each individual firearm and get a very good idea of what it might sell for with no bias. If you go to a gun dealer he is going to use it to determine his offer, usually half of BB value.

That way you can make a list of make, model, caliber, SN etc and at your leisure look up each and figure a price. Read the instructions on how to determine condition.

https://www.bluebookofgunvalues.com/#/Index

Coiled

TGT Addict
Nov 25, 2016
SE Tx
1. Where is the best place to sell these? Gun store? 2. Im not sure what is worth what yet either and I don't want to be taken for a fool.
1. NOOooooooo ... absolutely not!!! Pawn shops included.
2. Then be patient. There are some very knowledgeable and helpful people here, take advantage their free help. :)

And, you WILL get razzed, just roll with it. ;)

Howdy.

oldag

TGT Addict
Feb 19, 2015
Selling to a gun store you will only get wholesale value, significantly less than what you will get selling to a private party.

Top Bottom